Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
My feeling is that this was all done in an unhealthy way and neither side looks very good. It's easy to sympathize with Steve, but his blog and interviews haven't really been helping his case very much.
Yeah, in my eyes, no one is the winner in this situation.

Both sides are to blame, and I still don't know if this is for best yet. We still don't have any proof on that.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I've remained neutral on the matter, myself. As others have expressed, I think the issue lies somewhere in the middle. Sorry, supporters of either side, but I'm not choosing one just yet.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Don't meet your heroes.
Well, I mean, Caroll Spinney and Jim Henson have been said to be great guys by just about everyone who have met them. Plus, that's kind of depressing advice for Muppet fans, many of whom want to work with their heroes one day. So, while I see where you're coming from, I feel like it's better to have met your heroes and be disappointed than it is to live a lie.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Yeah the version that was put out made the voice deeper than it was and the other is where it was just normal

Carpeteria

Reaction score
Well, I mean, Caroll Spinney and Jim Henson have been said to be great guys by just about everyone who have met them.
I met Caroll Spinney a few years ago, and both he and his wife were extremely friendly and charming, telling me stories about how they met and about performing. He could have just signed his book and said, "Thank you" but he was really engaging, and even drew a picture to go along with his autograph. It was really great to meet him. Not all heroes are bad.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I listened to one on YT with the deeper voice. I always thought that one was the original. I'd like to find a copy of the other one for comparison, but I haven't had much luck.