Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

beaker

Reaction score
So thankful that Steve has been regularly updating fans on his new blog about his thoughts. He has three new entries, and they are quite illuminating and telling.

Steve Whitmire IS Kermit the Frog. Kermit is the soul of the Muppets, and Kermit just had his soul ripped out by the corporate bigwigs at Disney. If people want to continue supporting such a company, Im not one to judge.

If Jim Henson had overcome his untimely sickness in 1990, and managed to sell to Disney as he had envisioned in say the early 1990s...but then Disney management kicked Jim Henson out of his own creation...would people be supporting Disney? Let that one sink in.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
In my opinion the first 3 films where using the cameos wisely and not just chucking in Ross Lynch for 2 seconds
I thought The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, and Muppets Take Manhattan had just as many humans in it as the 2011 movie if not more with some of them. Muppets Christmas Carol the main character was Michael Caine a human.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
'It is no longer the Muppets if core values are lost or discarded. While I fought very hard for the integrity of the Muppets over the last twelve years largely to my own detriment, maybe I should have fought even harder and louder…and, yes, I would have likely been gone sooner… I fear I was the last samurai.'
Somehow, this doesn't surprise me. I kind of had the feeling it had to do with creative differences. For some reason, I've been feeling Disney has been spitting on Jim's legacy (this is my own opinion, please keep that in mind).

CBPuppets

Reaction score
First of all I just want to go for the record that I never have anything against Matt Vogel, I have always enjoyed his recent performance with the muppets. and Second what would have happened if Jim Henson Sold to Company before he Passed on?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The deal with Jim and Disney was supposed to be different then the current situation. Henson would have still have some creative control. With this new deal Disney owns everything and controls everything creative wise.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
The deal with Jim and Disney was supposed to be different then the current situation. Henson would have still have some creative control. With this new deal Disney owns everything and controls everything creative wise.
If that was the ORIGINAL DEAL, then why didn't Henson fought for that when Disney tried again to buy the Muppets ?