Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Basically, Jim wanted Disney to handle the financial and business aspects of the company, which would free him up to concentrate solely on the creative aspects, as running the company by himself was beginning to take a toll on him - especially as he was discovering a few people within his organization was taking advantage of him.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
To Quote Brian Henson "He needed to find a way that the Muppets can thrive without it having take up so much of his time and effort."

dwayne1115

Reaction score
So yes Jim's original deal between Disney would have been great. It would have inculcate Fraggle Rock and all other projects as well. With the Exception of the Sesame, which Jim was very protective of Sesame, because he knew that if Disney had a hand in it, that the show would be ruined.
Although now Sesame has that deal with HBO so who knows....

CBPuppets

Reaction score
especially as he was discovering a few people within his organization was taking advantage of him.
I wonder who would do That

So yes Jim's original deal between Disney would have been great. It would have inculcate Fraggle Rock and all other projects as well. With the Exception of the Sesame, which Jim was very protective of Sesame, because he knew that if Disney had a hand in it, that the show would be ruined.
Although now Sesame has that deal with HBO so who knows....
I wonder why when Disney Bought the Muppets They didn't buy Fraggle Rock as It was originally planned?

dwayne1115

Reaction score

I wonder why when Disney Bought the Muppets They didn't buy Fraggle Rock as It was originally planned?
I don't know, don't get me wrong I love the Henson family, but I feel that they really abandoned the Muppets. I don't know why they did, but they did.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'd have to look through the Jim Henson Biography book again, but as I recall reading, certain Henson Associates employees were taking long vacations or staying at lavish hotels and resorts, and charging it all to the company without Jim's knowledge.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
I've heard about this and I was a little but upset, however, I'm glad Disney found a replacement. As long as Kermit is alive and well. I wish Steve Whitmire the best luck and a fabulous future. I hope Matt Vogal will do well as Kermit.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'd have to look through the Jim Henson Biography book again, but as I recall reading, certain Henson Associates employees were taking long vacations or staying at lavish hotels and resorts, and charging it all to the company without Jim's knowledge.
Not to mention the fact that his New York Creature Shop was in a constant battle with the London shop.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, they weren't in battle so much as the NY workshop was feeling jealous and neglected because Jim was spending so much time in England with the Creature Shop - like an older brother feeling a sense of sibling rivaly when his parents devote so much time to the new younger brother.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'm going to throw in my thoughts and say I'm a bit skeptical on how Matt will sound as Kermit, only bcause I hope he doesn't end up sounding too much like Constantine.... but we'll see what happens in the future.

Best of luck to Steve!