Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I feel really bad for Matt. He is going to have a very tough road ahead of him. It was different when he was Caroll's and Jerry's understudy. Unless he was also Steve's witch seems unlikely.
As for the negative reaction, it's already starting to show.
I'm for one excited for Matt and I will continue to give support, obviously it's going to take some time for him to nail the voice and all that but he will do fine.
Yeah, I haven't seen little to any support for Matt in the media at all and that's really sad. As I've said before, I trust Matt to do a good job considering the circumstances. Will it take time to adjust? Yes. Are we all upset at Disney because of what happened? Of course! But I think it's high time we give support Matt and the other performers to step up given the circumstances. Of course, Steve needs our utmost support at this tough time. But I think people need to be more mature about this situation. It's okay to be angry about this, but any hostility towards others commenting about this is crossing the line.

All I ask is for more support for Matt and the other performers and most importantly, keep Steve in our thoughts.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Personally I'm glad Matt Took on some of Jerry's Characters such as Floyd and Uncle Deadly (His performance of Uncle Deadly somehow reminds me of Cory Burton's Captain Hook) and I thought he was a great Announcer for the Pigs in Space videos on youtube.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I love the work Whitmire did but I will say this lets wait for the real story to come out we can only speculate now like I said if I can disagree with Frank Oz I can surely disagree with Whitmire lets just wait and see what the real story is?

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion
hey it might turn out Whitmire was totally right but we just don't know right now, that's all I'm saying. A good example to look at is when Comedy Central wanted to recast the entire cast of Futurama us Futurama fans were none to happy we started a letter writing campaign that eventually got our entire cast back and I got a signed letter from David X Cohen and Matt Groaning! the letter still hangs behind plastic on my wall in my bedroom! If Disney fired the entire Muppet Muppeteers cast could you guys imagine:frown:

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Come to think of it this kinda reminds me of the Anime Dub Switch for Pokémon. For the First 8 Seasons the show was dubbed by 4Kids with Veronica Taylor, Rachel Lillis and Eric Stuart. However by 2006 (More specifically When the Battle Frontier Season Started as well as the Special Mastermind of the Mirage Pokémon) the Dub got new VA's to replace the original ones. and I heard many Pokémon Fans were upset about that at the time.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Doesn't that end up happening to a good many number of imported animated shows in North America? I heartell there was an Italian cartoon about a bunch of super fairies (can't remember the name of it) that started out with Canadian voice actors (mostly from ARTHUR) and then it eventually went to Nickelodeon at some point who brought in different voice actors, I think.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Doesn't that end up happening to a good many number of imported animated shows in North America? I heartell there was an Italian cartoon about a bunch of super fairies (can't remember the name of it) that started out with Canadian voice actors (mostly from ARTHUR) and then it eventually went to Nickelodeon at some point who brought in different voice actors, I think.
You're thinking of Winx Club and that show was also originally dubbed by 4kids

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Frank Oz Knew of the quality and effort it took for the Muppets to shape what they are now. He is a great man
I love Frank Oz everything from His Muppets Stuff to His Portrayal Of Yoda! But I disagree with him on Muppets 2011 Oz's idea for his Muppet movie was not better then what we got In 2011 It Is a good idea for down the road that I hope Disney lets him make someday but I don't think its better then the movie we got in 2011.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I love Frank Oz everything from His Muppets Stuff to His Portrayal Of Yoda! But I disagree with him on Muppets 2011 Oz's idea for his Muppet movie was not better then what we got In 2011 It Is a good idea for down the road that I hope Disney lets him make someday but I don't think its better then the movie we got in 2011.
I understand where you're coming from. I loved the 2011 film when it came to theaters.