Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I never really thought of it that way. I had no Idea. I never had anything against Disney Personally (It was more like I was worried that they might have Lost sight about what the Muppets were all about) I mean I grew up Watching Many Disney Films and I'm Grateful that they are doing their best to Keep Jim Henson's Legacy Alive.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One odd complaint I saw somebody post somewhere about Steve's Kermit was that he made Kermit's head "too cone-shaped" all the time . . . I really don't think that has much to do with Steve's performance, but rather, however they've been building and constructing new Kermit puppets in recent years. I mean, Elmo has a bigger nose, so that'd be like complaining that Ryan Dillon is making Elmo's nose too big all the time.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
if that blog is really from Steve then it's a much bigger picture then him just preforming Kermit. It seems that he was the one who was "fighting the good fight" for the Muppets. I don't think that that is something to take lightly.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
With all this confusion and sadness, I will say this; I'm really looking forward to Matt as Kermit; I obviously love Steve, but Matt is an amazingly talented guy, and I'm really excited to see exactly what he does with our green flippered friend.

It'll obviously take some time to adjust, both for him and for us, but I have a lot of faith in him, as well as all the Muppet performers.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Matt really is one of the more versatile of the current generation of Muppet Performers, and he's really climbed up the ladder beyond just being Big Bird's understudy, and doing minor, incidental characters. While what happened to Steve is certainly unjust, I don't doubt that Matt would do a good job as well.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Matt really is one of the more versatile of the current generation of Muppet Performers, and he's really climbed up the ladder beyond just being Big Bird's understudy, and doing minor, incidental characters. While what happened to Steve is certainly unjust, I don't doubt that Matt would do a good job as well.
If Matt is anything like I think he is. Disney may end up having some of the same problems with him as they did with Steve.