Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
What's done is done and, although it stinks, Disney had their reasons.

They're not going to suddenly change their mind because of yet another "give us what we want!" petition on change.org. They most likely see so much of that each year that they probably don't even read them anymore.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
What's done is done and, although it stinks, Disney had their reasons.

They're not going to suddenly change their mind because of yet another "give us what we want!" petition on change.org. They most likely see so much of that each year that they probably don't even read them anymore.
Well that maybe true, but as a dedicated fan of The Muppets, and of Jim Henson I personally can not sit by, and let this happen. Steve has done so much for The Muppets, and the fans that we have to do something. Sure a small online petition is not going to get the job done, but right now thats all we got. Untill we come up with a better plan I'm going to support this. I personally also refuse to have the mindset that Disney did it, and nothing can change that.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I wonder about that too. I was watching MCC last night as a tribute and it seems like Steve's :smile: was pretty dead on there, but in Steve's most recent appearances as :smile:, I've noticed the raspiness in his voice. I worry about that because Disney has let go of Paul Winchell as Tigger because they thought his voice has gotten to raspy to properly portray the character, but I don't know. Just a theory. A GAME THEORY! Lol. Just trying to lighten the mood here.
To quote JD Hansel on his podcast: Here's what really ticked me off, when people would say "I don't know that he's done the voice as well in other movies, I thought the voice was closer in MCC", because I heard people say stuff like that, and it's like no. Steve Whitmire at a certain point, by the time you got to the 2011 Muppet movie, he wasn't just doing Kermit, he WAS Kermit. His Kermit the Frog was the voice of Kermit the Frog. It wasn't about him attempting to do Jim Henson's Kermit the Frog, Steve Whitmire could not be bad at doing Kermit the Frog's voice because, his Kermit the Frog voice was the Kermit the Frog voice.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I think as far as Dave is concerned, I'm sure he knew of the Craft and Effort Steve Put into his work.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
The Muppets are all about Quality and I think Disney Lost sight of that