Steve Whitmire 2018 Convention Appearances

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, it's dark brown, and it's a heavyweight tee.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Unfortunately no; I was on a tight budget and didn't have alot of cash left (Carroll's photo was 40 dollars). So I just went for a picture.

Better than nothing!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I forgot to say this, but when my dad mentioned to Roscoe that we ran into Steve that day, he said that he, Bob and Emilio had dinner with Steve the previous night and talked about possibly including them in his own projects. So that's cool! Anyway, here's more video of Steve at a convention:

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
I met Caroll Spinney and Steve Whitmire when I went there with a friend of mine at FL Supercon this summer. I didn't have a lot of time to talk to them, but I've asked Caroll Spinney about his performances as Elmo (or Baby Monster) from Seasons 2-3 of Sesame Street (and asked him if it was the red monster with the "orange nose" I'm talking about), and he told me he remembers performing him (although I can't clarify if he's 100% right, cuz he's an old man now), plus I discovered that he's not able to do his Big Bird and Oscar voices well now that he's an old man (which gives me some clues that now Matt Vogel is taking over the voice of Big Bird, not just performing the character under costume). I also told Steve Whitmire that I'm on the spectrum and I have sensory issues to certain loud noises (i.e. screaming girls, cheering and applause sounds, etc.). And wow, Steve pretty much is a nice guy. :wink:

Any Del

Reaction score
Getting to meet Steve today was terrific! He had such an outgoing personality and was very talkative; I can tell how dedicated he is to his fans. I even brought up to him how devastated I was when I heard he had to leave to which he mentioned he was the same (who could blame him?) But he's definitely doing alot better since his departure! He also loved the Muppet shirt that I got from Newburry Comics.

Anyway, here's the picture:

Well done mate! :big_grin:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Getting to meet Steve today was terrific! He had such an outgoing personality and was very talkative; I can tell how dedicated he is to his fans. I even brought up to him how devastated I was when I heard he had to leave to which he mentioned he was the same (who could blame him?) But he's definitely doing alot better since his departure! He also loved the Muppet shirt that I got from Newburry Comics.

Nice picture, and I'm glad you had a great time!

Prof Bunsen

Reaction score

Freaking jealous, man. I would've loved to see him! I hope he's doing well since he's now a free agent...

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Absolutely! And if you ever get the opportunity to meet him, go for it! You won't regret it. :smile:

He's 60 dollars total if you go for both an autograph (50) and picture (10).