Statler & Waldorf on movies.com

rtgentry

Reaction score
I think Barker needs to stop bark-ing

Hope you can take a joke

Kynan Barker

Reaction score
I think Barker needs to stop bark-ing
I'm astonished. This is Muppet Central, "Uniting Muppet Fans Around The World," and all I'm seeing here is united apathy. Save the Muppets is literally trying to save the Muppets. We're trying to stop Disney turning them into mass-produced franchised dolls, touring schools and shopping malls in the hands of whichever two-bit doll-wiggler is cheapest on the day.

Consider the facts:

• Martin Baker promised that the imposters would not turn up on TV. Now the imposters have turned up on TV.
  • Assurances were made at auditions that the key performers would not lose work. Now there's credible information that Dave and Steve were fired from movies.com.
  • Dave Goelz has been performing Waldorf exclusively for 15 years. Now Disney has arbitrarily replaced him, and Muppet fans are applauding his replacement. Steve Whitmire has been performing Kermit for 15 years. What's it going to take to make you guys realize this is serious?
Hope you can take a joke
Woof.

BEAR

Reaction score
when is the next one scheduled?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
It should be next Wed. if they're still going by the bi-weekly schedule...And I hope they are! :smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
Kynan Barker said:
I'm astonished. This is Muppet Central, "Uniting Muppet Fans Around The World," and all I'm seeing here is united apathy. Save the Muppets is literally trying to save the Muppets. We're trying to stop Disney turning them into mass-produced franchised dolls, touring schools and shopping malls in the hands of whichever two-bit doll-wiggler is cheapest on the day.

Consider the facts:

• Martin Baker promised that the imposters would not turn up on TV. Now the imposters have turned up on TV.
  • Assurances were made at auditions that the key performers would not lose work. Now there's credible information that Dave and Steve were fired from movies.com.
  • Dave Goelz has been performing Waldorf exclusively for 15 years. Now Disney has arbitrarily replaced him, and Muppet fans are applauding his replacement. Steve Whitmire has been performing Kermit for 15 years. What's it going to take to make you guys realize this is serious?

Woof.
Barker, hasn't it been pointed out that these are just temporary replacements. Dave and Steve are still the main performers for these characters. Check out the posts directly before yours.:wink:

rtgentry

Reaction score
Thank you for having a sense of humor...

We are united ... I respect your view I just dont want it forced upon me. Its great that you believe what you believe. Just also be okay with what I believe. We can all agree to disagree.. right

RRRRRuuuuufff :sympathy:

Kynan Barker

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Barker, hasn't it been pointed out that these are just temporary replacements. Dave and Steve are still the main performers for these characters. Check out the posts directly before yours.:wink:
It's Kynan, Bear.

And I've been checking out all the posts on this topic -- our argument all along has been there should be no such thing as a "temporary" Muppet performer. One Muppet, One Voice means one performer per character, rain hail or shine. Consistent performers = consistent characters has been our consistent message.

One Muppet, One Voice: That's the system that saw The Muppet Show reach a hundred gazillion viewers and gave the Muppets a brand recognition factor of 199%. There is no need whatsoever for substitute performers to be working on movies.com, ESPN or anywhere else in front of an audience, temporarily or otherwise.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Kynan Barker said:
That may be technically true, but doesn't that make you wonder why Yerrid and Massey are currently doing all the Statler and Waldorf appearances?
Yes I'am wondering about it.
However personally I would not mind if they got recastet to Yerrid and Massey, with the blessing of Steve and Dave that is. It would leave more time for Steve and Dave to consentrate on things with other characters. Especialy when it comes to Steve since he seems to have a busy schedule with the Kermit tour.

MWoO

Reaction score
Kynan Barker said:
It's Kynan, Bear.

And I've been checking out all the posts on this topic -- our argument all along has been there should be no such thing as a "temporary" Muppet performer. One Muppet, One Voice means one performer per character, rain hail or shine. Consistent performers = consistent characters has been our consistent message.

One Muppet, One Voice: That's the system that saw The Muppet Show reach a hundred gazillion viewers and gave the Muppets a brand recognition factor of 199%. There is no need whatsoever for substitute performers to be working on movies.com, ESPN or anywhere else in front of an audience, temporarily or otherwise.
So you better go out there and kick Matt Vogel's butt and make sure Frank Oz neverstops by the Sesame set to do a Grover spot when he has time.