Statler & Waldorf on movies.com

Kynan Barker

Reaction score
Ideas, concepts, strategy and performers will continue to change as the new management explores the strength and weaknesses of many performers.
Management isn't "exploring" anything except how lousy their product has to be before people begin complaining. And apparently, if you people are anything to go by, the answer is incredibly lousy.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Kynan Barker said:
Management isn't "exploring" anything except how lousy their product has to be before people begin complaining. And apparently, if you people are anything to go by, the answer is incredibly lousy.
The first line is constructively written; but, the second line reading as "you people" seems to maybe call people out (unless I'm misreading that). I'm in the process of trying to keep folks from posting in the forums in such manners that it may be misunderstood as a snide remark because recently MC has fallen into disrepair with flaming and infighting, and the battles within the fan community is something I'm having to combat myself. I've always liked you, you know that so this isn't a post about for-or-against who performs what but about posting itself--please post more constructively so I don't have to work so hard on keeping things friendly.

We're all fans, nobody's a bigger fan than the next one, and that's why we're all here--not to argue or fight. Constructive, positive debate is welcome, however.

Kynan Barker

Reaction score
Hey everyone seems to like them better. I know I do. I laughed really hard and the voices are better [than] Dave and Steve.
Yeah, you're right. In fact, I hope MHC gets Drew Massey and Victor Yerrid to go back and loop over all of Dave and Steve's Statler and Waldorf performances. That'd be AWESOME. Because let's face it, you know who's really bad at doing Muppets? Dave Goelz and Steve Whitmire, that's who. I can't wait for MHC to find some new talent to replace ALL of Dave and Steve's characters. I mean, come on, Dave's Gonzo is terrible -- when are they gonna get rid of that guy?

Isn't it great that Muppet Central gives all of us Muppet fans a place where we can get together and trash talk the Muppeteers who've been entertaining us for decades?

I still like Dave and Steve.
Oh, wait, sorry! I misunderstood. I didn't realize how much you liked Dave and Steve, on account of how you were just trash talking them there. Never mind, I'm sure Dave and Steve will appreciate your feelings of goodwill, even though you're supporting the people who stole their jobs.

Beauregard

Reaction score
rtgentry said:
Hey everyone seems to like them better. I know I do. I laughed really hard and the voices are better the Dave and Steve. I still like dave and steve. But these guys are really good also.
I agree, it's not that Steve and Dave were anything less than these people, heck, they are the greatest Muppet people in the universe! (Along with Jerry)

BUT!!!

They are not Statler and Waldorf. And have never been as good as them! Now they have found better replacements for them! I, for one, am glad of that. And I think that Jim (if he had lost his voice) would have hired the best replacement voices, not the ones who happened to be available... No...?

I realsie that many of the more hardcore fans, such as myself, will find it ahrd to get used to new voices. The new piggy in Mwoo I found unbareable, but when the voice (in the end) is better, and accepted by fans, that has to be a good thing for the character. The voice and the movements are very much a part of who the character is, moreso than their look.

The new puppeteer for Waldorf, has the voice, and the actions. The scrunched face I havn't seen for a long time.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Now they have found better replacements for them! I, for one, am glad of that. And I think that Jim (if he had lost his voice) would have hired the best replacement voices, not the ones who happened to be available... No...?
Actually Beau they are NOT replacements, they are stand-ins.
Steve and Dave are still the official puppeteers for the characters.

Beauregard

Reaction score
muppet_dk said:
Ahh! Thank you, Henrick.

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Downloading

I just want to let those of you who can't download this know that it is most likely because you need QuickTime Pro. Almost all online QT files require Pro as far as I know for downloading. I wanted to let you know so you wouldn't think your computer is at fault or there's something wrong with the site. I have this clip available to all who would like it, I can e-mail it providing the account I am sending to can handle 12.1 mb.

Kynan Barker

Reaction score
That may be technically true, but doesn't that make you wonder why Yerrid and Massey are currently doing all the Statler and Waldorf appearances?

Having Official Puppeteers is small consolation if they're not doing any Official Puppeteering.

rtgentry

Reaction score
Hey as far as we know these guys have been understudying the pros for a few years. I say lets get the muppeteers some bench strength built up. I mean what happens if we lose a main puppeteer tomorrow, dont we want a great replacement the day after to keep the muppets going stong???

Bring on the new voices for statler and waldorf. Their awesome, terrific, great, good, alright, no bad, boo.