Statler & Waldorf on movies.com

BEAR

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
A new episode of "Statler and Waldorf: From the Balcony" was posted on Movies.com today. In the latest installment of the bi-weekly web-show, Statler and Waldorf talk about the films "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" and "Get Rich or Die Tryin'", plus Sam the Eagle stops by to talk about "Walk the Line". You can also learn the meaning of this weeks balconism, "BLOND-tourage". So check out the "From the Balcony" website on Movies.com and watch the latest episode . Be sure to check back for the next episode on November 26th.

Source: http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/2005/11/from-balcony-episode-11.html
This was a pretty good one. I thought Statler and Waldorf were pretty funny. I am still trying to get used to the new Statler voice, but the performances were still pretty good. The writing was great. The Bea Arthur bit was priceless! I laughed so hard. Of all the The Golden Girls to google over, they chose Bea Arthur?! Brilliant. I thought Sam was okay but seemed a little too stiff.

MWoO

Reaction score
Sam's voice was so on! Was that Eric? If not, maybe these muppet auditions aren't so bad.....

theprawncracker

Reaction score
THAT WAS AWESOME!!! Sam was the funniest thing I've seen in a loooooooong time!! Loved it! Sam was brilliant! Brilliant!! :smile: :big_grin:

rexcrk

Reaction score
Wow! Who did Sam the Eagle's voice? It was, like, perfect! I've gotten pretty much used to the new Statler and Waldorf voices which is good. I thought this From the Balcony was pretty funny. :big_grin:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
What's up everybody. Did anyone check out the artical atwww.toughtpigs.com. Personally, even thow Seve and Dve have their own styles, I like the new voices for Wldorf and Satler, It's just that Steve and dave are better Puppeteers and bring more live to the characters, the new preformance wise, are a little stiff.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I really liked Sam too. I do like the new performers of Statler and Waldorf, though I'm not sure where I stand on the politics of the issue. Still, the show continues to be entertaining.

:boo: :sleep: :attitude:

janicegroupie

Reaction score
I thought it was a good episode. I loved Statler and Waldorf's comments on that Get Rich or Die Trying movie and it was fun to hear their take on such a popular movie like Harry Potter. Although I personally was not to big a fan of Sam. He just wasn't fully himself. I can't quite put my finger on it he was very stiff like Bear said. I don't know I might watch it again and see how I feel.

A little off topic I saw the movie Jarhead and I could not stop thinking about S&W's comment during the song Don't Worry Be Happy of "so this is a feel good war movie." That is just too funny.:big_grin:

Squall Leonhart

Reaction score
I agree about Sam, its like he was missing his soul. I guess everybody can't be Frank Oz, but the voice was good, it'll take a little refining though, but I'm sure whoever's doing it will get it right eventually. I don't know about the Soul though, he might never be the same again. But that aside, this weeks was very well written and funny. Love those old coots. Does anyone know how to make it full screen? I liked that.

Beauregard

Reaction score
The Sam thing....I belive what he wasw missing was wing movement/someone to stroke. Watch Sam with another character in the muppet show, he is always constantly touching them. And making big exagerated movements with hsi wings.

MuppetfraggleEX

Reaction score
Has anyone signed the petition at savethemuppets.com? To stop Disney from replacing our beloved puppeteers with new cheaper unknowns? I am all for the petition, and everyone should check it out. It isn't fair to those who have cherished these characters for years to just be dumped, like Steve W. www.savethemuppets.com Check it out!!