Speculation: Potential Sequel for "The Muppets"

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's happening because doubling a low budget makes more money than a John Carter type film. I still think The Muppets should have hit the 100 Mil mark if it wasn't for the 3 other kid's films and the slow box office the next 2 weekends, but 88 mil domestic isn't anything to sneeze at and it made just over budget (or at least around budget) the opening week. And who knows how big it hit on home video. They'd be fools not to make a 50-60 million dollar film over a several hundred million film.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I'm just worried they're rushing this. I don't want them to start filming until they got the script perfect. I'm willing to wait another three years for another movie, I just want them to take their time and not rush the script just so they can have the movie out soon.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's something interesting... while This article doesn't mention too much we don't already know, but it DOES mention the movie's new potential release date. Dec 20th, 2013.

Now, I'm not loving that date. It comes a little too much after Thanksgiving, though they already have a movie to be released on that date. But it could get a solid Christmas Vacation audience. We all want this to get the big audience it deserves so we can get The Muppets 3 and all the merchandising and TV shows/specials with it. Hopefully it gets that.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'm just worried they're rushing this. I don't want them to start filming until they got the script perfect. I'm willing to wait another three years for another movie, I just want them to take their time and not rush the script just so they can have the movie out soon.
Let's not judge until we see and hear more details.

On another note I for one am just beyond excited that this finally happening. I honestly wasn't expecting any kind of news until next year. But like I said when Kermit hinted back in June that they were aiming to start filming early next year I knew that was a sign something was up and the script was finished or close to being anyways!!! And IT'S HAPPENING because Disney really wants this movie ASAP as well!!! I'm not saying money doesn't have anything to do with it but I for one would prefer to just put that aside for now! And the last film was suppose to come out around Christmas time and they ended up bumping the date so who knows. More then anything I just can't wait to hear about the plot of the film! I had no wavering confidence that this movie WASN'T gonna happen. :smile: Plus I am excited because that means even MORE Muppet merchandise coming out!!!

By the way is it just me or is anyone else getting tired of hearing "Jason Segal" won't have any involvement in the film? :rolleyes:

Hubert

Reaction score
Alright, optimists, you may now stone me.

But it's nice to hear that we are able to be getting Muppet stuff ready on such a timely manner rather than only being able to dish out a production every ten years...

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
That and it just gets me more motivated to get this Muppet shirt made that I keep putting off cause I'm too lazy to go and buy the shirt to get it made on. :stick_out_tongue: *and throws stones at Hubert*

Hubert

Reaction score
I mean, I have to admit, I am shocked by this. You all know that I have always been a naysayer of the movie even happening, let alone this quickly. It's just...wow.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
If I had been anymore optimistic about this I would've started playing a banjo on a lily pad in a swamp. Oh and with a rainbow in the background. :stick_out_tongue:

EDIT- I hope those stones hurt!