Songs You Can't Stand

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Bill Withers' "Ain't No Sunshine" is definitely a candidate for number 3; it's so monotonous, you'll want to change the station before you get bored to death...
I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I don't know the title of it, but there's this song (they use it in a car insurance ad... the one where they have giant babies stand in for the cars), I'll call it "Love is Strange" or something... someone had it on a CD and I had to listen to it. There's this part in the middle that goes like (and this is spoken) "How do you call your Lover Boy?" "Oh Lover BOOOOYYYY..." "an' if he doesn't answer?" "I just go OOHHHHH LOOOOVER BOOOOOYYY!!!!" I just get a huge "that ugly woman Eddie Valiant thought was Jessica Rabbit, but wasn't saying 'A MAAYYYYUNNNN!!!'" vibe out of it.
YOO-HOO LOVER BOY! IT"S LENA HYENA! Yeah...only a hyena would marry her.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It wore out its welcome way too quickly. The Internet not only made it popular, but also destroyed it.
That's the internet for you. All it takes is one out of touch person to get on board and reference it outside the internet to completely ruin a meme.

And these are getting ruined faster than ever. Used to take a whole year and a half.

Slackbot

Reaction score
You're Beautiful by James Blunt. A man sees a beautiful woman in the subway, and although she's obviously got someone else in his life, he thinks they've made some cosmic connection and it's so tragic that they'll never be together. This isn't romantic, it's delusional. And Blunt's falsetto yodeling ain't easy on the ears either.

The only good thing I can say about the song is that Weird Al's You're Pitiful was based on it. A pity Atlantic Records declined to give Al permission to use it on his Straight Out Of Linwood album--against Blunt's wishes.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I can relate somewhat. :stick_out_tongue:

But if we're going to go with the stories the songs tell us, then allow me to step back to the year 2012 and dissect "Call Me Maybe,"

So... we have a socially awkward girl who lays eyes on a hunky guy who just moved in next to her, so she acts like she's a hoe thinking that will entice him to call her up, though they've never even met each other yet. The only good thing we got out of that song was Cookie Monster's parody.

Schfifty

Reaction score
The incredibly popular "Selfie". And what I can't stand more is the music video, because nearly everyone who is less than 25 years old nowadays does what everyone does in the music video: use their small, fashionable, attractive, multi-functional touchscreen phones to take pictures of themselves. It doesn't make things better that most of the phones used in the video are iPhones, and I'm not very fond of Apple's influence to younger folks.