Some studio news for Greatest Muppet Movie

Mupp

Reaction score
Yay! I can't believe this movie is actually happening... this month no less. If I had an agent and actually lived in LA I'd audition for this movie in a heartbeat. I wonder, if this movie ends filming in November, what are the chances we'll get a teaser with Tangled or Tron: Legacy?
I think its possible.

After all, a teaser trailer doesn't necessarily have to have any footage from the actual film.

beaker

Reaction score
The stars in TMM played off their iconic cinematic persona rather than their name recognition. Steve Martin was pretty much The Jerk and not himself. That sort of thing continued for Madeline Kahn, Mel Brooks, Telly Savalas among others. I don't know. I just guess that's how I always saw it. Sarah Marhsall would make perfect sense to me.
Aw, you do have a point there. A lot of times as I recall it was expected charactatures or specific personas some of these stars would play as.

I just meant, I think a lot of us were taken out of the element when we saw specific cameos by characters in the late 90s and early 2000's Muppet movies/specials. I personally would love to see Pee Wee Herman in the film as a cameo, as well as Robin Williams and Patton Oswalt.

beaker

Reaction score
I think its possible.

After all, a teaser trailer doesn't necessarily have to have any footage from the actual film.
Yeah I mean the Tron Legacy teasers came way over a year before their release date, before filming even began. This is done a lot of times. And I could just imagine a short 45-1 minute long teaser trailer. Disney is very well known for year in advance teasers:3

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah I mean the Tron Legacy teasers came way over a year before their release date, before filming even began. This is done a lot of times.
In some cases, teasers released before filming a movie kinda make me nervous. A lot of these movies with certain projected release dates get a rush job done to them, ending up with a lousy script written as an afterthought. Look at the Smurfs movie. But as we know, this Muppet script has been around for some time. And in the case that they're about to start filming the film as we speak, a small teaser that has only the thinnest reference to the plot, similar to the Pixar film teasers (Mr. Incredible spending 2 minutes trying to get a belt to fit/ Mike and Sully getting out of the wrong closet). And hey, maybe that's the hold up with Season 4... they just wanna put movie adverts or behind the scenes bits somewhere on the set. But before Tron and Tangled (effectively hitting both the older, nostalic Crowd and the kiddies) would be perfect.

beaker

Reaction score
In some cases, teasers released before filming a movie kinda make me nervous. A lot of these movies with certain projected release dates get a rush job done to them, ending up with a lousy script written as an afterthought. Look at the Smurfs movie. But as we know, this Muppet script has been around for some time. And in the case that they're about to start filming the film as we speak, a small teaser that has only the thinnest reference to the plot, similar to the Pixar film teasers (Mr. Incredible spending 2 minutes trying to get a belt to fit/ Mike and Sully getting out of the wrong closet). And hey, maybe that's the hold up with Season 4... they just wanna put movie adverts or behind the scenes bits somewhere on the set. But before Tron and Tangled (effectively hitting both the older, nostalic Crowd and the kiddies) would be perfect.
Films like Marmeduke, Alvin and the Chipmunks 1 and 2, Smurfs, etc could have David Mamet, Frank Darabont, David Goyer, the phantom of Stanley Kubrick and the braintrust of Pixar writing them and they'd still stink. It's like Transformers...there's pretty much no connection or magic with these Michael Bay travesties to the original transformers. It's all just nauseating whiz bang, like that Speed Racer film or Dragon Ball the live action movie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Smurfs SHOULD have had a Belgian brain trust behind it. Much like Dragon ball (which I SWEAR Fox only made and rushed into production before their option ran out because of the whole unmade 1990's Watchmen fiasco) should have had some Japanese film maker or at LEAST someone who watched an anime behind it. Speed Racer, at LEAST they watched the show. Managed to actually get the character's names and personalities pretty down. I felt Inspector Gadget was written by someone with the barest minimum understanding of the series, and they managed to screw up a thin concept. Underdog? Don't even go there. That shouldn't have been made at ALL. Even the creators hated the result.

But the main bullet point I'm trying to make here is that some of these studios announce these projects and basically have the teasers, the merchandise, the ad campaign, and all that stuff done BEFORE they even can decide what the movie is about... and we wind up getting shoddy scripts from non-fans (Speed Racer, at least you got a shoddy script from fans) that gets rushed through before the projected movie date.

Disney has THANKFULLY done the opposite here. That is to say, ignore the "Cheapest Muppet Movie" flap, since that could have easily been one of those times... BUT they would have had the Muppet writer brain trust work out a script in that case. The "Greatest" script has been floating around for a couple years, pretty much even before Disney agreed to it. Thankfully, they saw there was a perfectly good script in front of them the whole time, and they're just getting some input from other Disney employees.

muppetperson

Reaction score
**Casting is being done via Jeanna McCarthy Casting and Central Casting
I rang Jeanna McCarthy casting to find out how my application was going and was told that they ARENT Casting for the Muppet movie!:eek:

rexcrk

Reaction score
It's like Transformers...there's pretty much no connection or magic with these Michael Bay travesties to the original transformers.
...You never watched the original cartoon, did you?