Some studio news for Greatest Muppet Movie

dwmckim

Reaction score
Disney recently put out a casting notice to the trades. No specific parts mentioned; these would mainly be for the extras or bit parts but of course being that the announcement is direct from the studio, there's quite a bit of interesting tidbits that confirm their plans...

** Walt Disney Pictures is working together with Mandeville Films to produce the film

**Mentions Ben Stiller, George Clooney, and Jason Segel as being among the big names working in it

**Shooting is set to take place in Los Angeles from September through November, with a scheduled release date of December 25th, 2011

**"This movie will center on The Muppets reunion, in order to save The Muppet Studio in Hollywood. They get everyone together in an adventure to defeat Tex Richman, an evil Hollywood man who wants their studio! Everyone must work together in order to save their beloved Muppet studio, and together with their human pal, Gary, they are sure to do so!"

**Casting is being done via Jeanna McCarthy Casting and Central Casting

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ooooh. They start shooting in a matter of days! This is happening! :eek:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Ahhhhh! ! ! SOOOO exciting! Thanks so much for posting this, D.W.! They should start shooting in mid-late September according to a few of my sources--but WOW. It's happening, and it's happening BIG. Amazing.

dmoss

Reaction score
Yahoo! This is getting intense...isn't this surreal? Another Muppet Movie is coming our way in a little over a year! Right now, voice artists are rehearsing in their homes, sets are being built, finishing touches are being put on scripts...too, too cool. :embarrassed:

beaker

Reaction score
It's definitely a relief to know this *is* happening, and not merely relegated to development heck. It's definitely been quite a long wait...heck for some of us we've been waiting for the heralded return of the Muppets for 12 years on this very forum.

I think the big concern for all of us is SMART writing. We know the Muppets as of 2010 are as funny and off the cuff as ever given their recent Muppets.com and youtube videos. But for a feature film, this needs to feel real(NOT relegated to being all sets like MFS, but out in the real world like Muppets Take Manhattan where the Muppets work best), have a strong heart and emotion, not pander(like Oz or VMMCM) and even be a bit oscar worthy. I'm excited to see what new Muppets are created and introduced, what older characters are reintroduced and brought to the forefront, etc.

We know post Eisner Disney can bring their A game. Tron Legacy looks like the most visionary mind blowing movie since Matrix Reloaded. Up was bar none the most visionary and heartfelt Pixar movie to date that I've seen. So I do have faith!

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's definitely a relief to know this *is* happening, and not merely relegated to development heck. It's definitely been quite a long wait...heck for some of us we've been waiting for the heralded return of the Muppets for 12 years on this very forum.
(cough cough) Dark Crystal 2, Fraggle Rock.

Yeah, it's so refreshing to have a studio with Muscle behind this project.

zns

Reaction score
This definately looks like it is going to be one of the best projects that the Muppet's have done in the last five-six years. I am excited, not just for the company, but for the performers, actors, writers, director, producers, etc. It looks like "The Rainbow Connection" will shine through the clouds once again.

Nick22

Reaction score
wow. this is ACTUALLY happening.....hhaha. :smile: