Some studio news for Greatest Muppet Movie

Drtooth

Reaction score
Niiiiiice. Ben Stiller is in it too? I'd love to see Michael Cera, Jesse Eisenberg, Jonah Hill, Jack Black, Robert Downey Jr, Zoey Dachanel, Aubrey Plaza, Steve Carell, Rain Wilson, Jim Parsons, etc all make a cameo:smile:

Also, I would lovvvvvvvvvvve for someone on here to land a cameo/background part!
Considering Jason works with him on How I met your Mother, I want them to give Neil Patrick Harris a bit somewhere. He was absolutely wonderful on Sesame Street as the Shoe Fairy.

I'd kill for them to have Aldis Snow (the character from Get him To The Greek played by the same actor) somewhere in the film, too.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
CRANK THE MUSIC!​

:sing: Yeah, they going to be in a movie! Starring everybody! Everybody! Everybody! :sing:

Kermit & Fozzie: And me!

HOORAY!

Mupp

Reaction score
Now that filming is getting close;
I assume that in post production they will digitally erase the arm wires. That is something that they have done for most all of the Muppets' recent non-live appearances.

I think that its a good idea by the way, I'm sure that Jim would have loved it.

Erine81981

Reaction score
This is awsome to hear about that. I can't wait and hope to see lots of celebrities that everyone knows. I want everyone that goes to see it then say hey i want my friends to see it even though they don't like the muppets. I know i'm going try and get my friends to go and see it no matter what.

beaker

Reaction score
Considering Jason works with him on How I met your Mother, I want them to give Neil Patrick Harris a bit somewhere. He was absolutely wonderful on Sesame Street as the Shoe Fairy.

I'd kill for them to have Aldis Snow (the character from Get him To The Greek played by the same actor) somewhere in the film, too.
Haha, Neil Patrick Harris and Russel Brand would be pretty tubular in it

Drtooth

Reaction score
Or somehow getting Sarah Marshall into the film somehow...

it would be amazing if they made this film sync up with the Forgetting Sarah Marshall-iverse on some level.

beaker

Reaction score
Or somehow getting Sarah Marshall into the film somehow...

it would be amazing if they made this film sync up with the Forgetting Sarah Marshall-iverse on some level.

Would have to disagree, wasn't it you who said you didn't like the pop culture fictional cameos injected into MFS or VMMCM?
While I dig Sarah Marshall and the spinoff Get Him To The Greek, I feel parsing a meta fictional realm into a Muppet production gives it that distinct air of dated unbelievableness. I love Swingers, but the original script calling for a Swingers spoof I feel would be out of place.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Would have to disagree, wasn't it you who said you didn't like the pop culture fictional cameos injected into MFS or VMMCM?
Well.. that's different. The Dawson thing in MFS was pure crap, as the show was pure crap. And the NBC sitcom references in VMX were their purely for commercial. But we have a film made by people involved with those 2 other productions. And something tells me they'd build a Kevin Smith Clerk's style of movie continuity... like a whole universe of films connected to each other. As long as they keep references to those other films in their movies, they have an entire world at their disposal. I see what you mean, it would be dated if they didn't continue this, though. But if they do, think about it. A Muppet movie being part of a series of slightly interconnected, related films? That would be really something.