Sketches that are only available in a foreign dub

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I meant in general, SW seems to show no interest. But yes, the song covers definitely are off limits.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I was wondering if the other take with Harvey Kneeslapper with the bucket of confetti was found in English yet? (Where it doesn’t land in his mouth).

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I think it would be a little jarring if you put a season one Bert and Ernie in season 15 because it would look weird especially how Bert and Ernie evolved.
Ahem: https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_3800

In addition, they continued to air for years on episodes of Sesamstrasse...not to mention being included on various compilation tapes they've made throughout the 90's and 2000's.

Last edited:

SesameMike

Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned the Grover the waiter sketch, where Mr. Johnson orders bacon and eggs? He changes his mind so many times that it ends up being time for lunch, resulting in a loud fracas in the kitchen!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Didn't the official SST YouTube include this one in a compilation video recently?
That’s a different scent with The Count and Miami Mice. The scene I’m referring to is a street scene, which was only in one episode of the show here, but has been dubbed and shown in at least one other country. The one that’s been released recently was a regular Miami Mice segment.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Does anyone besides me think that foreign dubs of sketches (whether it be from The Muppet Show, or any other related Jim Henson works) are hilarious to listen to? I was in Germany once and saw the German version of "air" by Bip Bippadotta. It was funny!!!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think most of the Answer Lady segments have only been available to fans via foreign dubs, with only one (that was uploaded by Sesame Workshop) available in English (and I know the wiki people at least have the second one in English).

Reaction score
There's a German dubbed skit from the 80s or early 90s where Big Bird and Snuffy try to make Baby Natasha laugh. If anyone knows where I can find the original English version, please let me know.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Can someone put me together a definitive list?