Silly things you said, did, or thought as a kid

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Some people pronounce it "Ree-see's."

As a kid, I thought certain words that ended with the letter 'D' like "stupid" or "second" were spelled "stupit" or "secont," because a lot of people pronounced those words with such a hard emphasis on the 'D' sound at the end that they sounded like they ended in 'T'.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Speaking of which, as a kid, it took me awhile to figure out the cereal was based off the candy.

Yes, I'm slow, I know. :shifty:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
It took me forever to figure out that Bart Simpson's name is supposed to be a play on the word "brat".

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
One day my teacher at school told us that we would be writing a story prompt about a main character losing something that's important to them. Some of the suggestions she gave us were an old lady losing her purse, someone's pet running away, and a guy losing his glasses. Pretty normal stuff, right?

Well for some strange reason, I deliberately wrote the weirdest story I could possibly think of.

It was about an Italian guy named Tony losing his bread stick (not the recipe;just one regular old bread stick) and going on a mission to find it. Towards the middle of the story, it was revealed that aliens stole his breadstick and then there was this huge fight scene between him and the aliens set in an underground battlefield similar to the Rancor's pit from Star Wars.

You think that's weird, believe it or not it gets worse. After that prolonged fight scene, Tony learns that the aliens didn't steal his breadstick after all and it was actually a flying dog that lived in an alternate dimension where everybody eats chocolate covered broccoli (?) and so he only stole the bread stick to experience a different kind of food for once.

Wow! That is without a doubt the weirdest thing I've ever wrote. The teacher's reaction to what I was reading made it all worthwhile though. I could tell that she was weirded out but yet intrigued because the tale I told was totally unpredictable and had more crazy twists than your typical M. Night Shymalan movie.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I used to hold a pair of my Mr. Potato Head eyes up to the TV and turn on a show that's usually serious (Judge Judy for example was a frequent target of my Potato Head jokes) to make it appear as though the people on screen had googly eyes.

Why did I do that? I dunno, probably to lighten the mood on those serious shows and add a little comedy to them lol.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
When I was still in elementary school, I created my own made up language called Blem.

The teachers at my old school thought Blem was hilarious so one of the Kindergarten teachers decided to introduce a unique new class at the end of every Friday.

"Blem word of the week," was a fun project Mrs. Jones came up with (I can't use her real name for privacy reasons so I'm going with one of the most popular last names of all time). Each week, she would introduce the class to one of my made up words. Explaining it's meaning and what context it should be used in.

My weird little alien language became so popular at school in fact that a set in stone rule was eventually made disallowing the use of Blem words on our yearly ISTEP tests lol.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
So, you know how in another thread I mentioned wanting to live inside a Bob Ross painting?

Well, when I was young, I always wished I could jump inside paintings like Mario could in Mario 64. Thankfully, I wasn't stupid enough to actually try to.
Didn't Steve from Blue's Clues also jump into paintings?