Silly things you said, did, or thought as a kid

datman24

Reaction score
When I was little, after seeing the premiere of Barney's Great Adventure at Radio City Music Hall, stupid me took inspiration from the film and decided to put one of my favorite toys figures in the shower, hoping that it will magically come to life just like in the film. Yeah, that was a silly thing I thought back then.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Plenty of kids have imaginary friends, right? Well many years ago, I had an imaginary GIRLFRIEND.

Because I'm a furry, naturally she wasn't a human character. She was a giant pink rabbit with cartoonishly long eyelashes and a big bright red bow in her hair. I named her Sarah and I remember constantly going on imaginary "dates" with her whenever I couldn't sleep.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
A friend and I once played a game where we saw if we could keep an entire naturally flowing conversation made up of nothing but just pure movie quotes. The result sounded a little something like this:

"The names is Bond.....James Bond" (The long running James Bond franchise)

"I am Groot," (Guardians of the Galaxy)

"We rob banks," (Bonnie and Clyde)

"Show me the money!" (Jerry Maguire)

"I'm going to make an offer you can't refuse," (The Godfather)

"Go ahead, make my day," (Sudden Impact)

"Why don't you come up sometime and see me?" (She Done Him Wrong)

"I want to be alone," (Grand Hotel)

"Well, nobody's perfect," (Some Like It Hot)

"You talking to me?" (Taxi Driver)

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate," (Cool Hand Luke)

"I'm mad as **** and I'm not going to take this anymore!" (Network)

"Wait a minute, wait a minute. You ain't heard nothin' yet!" (The Jazz Singer)

"Surely, you can't be serious"

"Don't call me Shirley" (both from Airplane)

Keep in mind that we hadn't seen a majority of those movies and found most of the quotes via Google search for "most iconic movie quotes of all time".

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I recently discovered that we have a picture of me making out with one of my friend's plush Care Bears in an old photo album. I'm sure I was just kidding around but man that was embarassing to see. What was I thinking? That weird humor is on the same level as freaking Andy Kaufman right there.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I sent a letter to Sesame Workshop demanding that they make toys based on TV specials like Elmopalooza and Don't Eat the Pictures, I didn't write a valid address on the envelope so it never made it past the mailbox

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As a wee little one, I actually thought that the heart-shaped marshmallows in Lucky Charms were actually Muppet tongues. No kidding. Sometimes when I'd eat the stuff, I could just see the mental image of a bunch of angry Muppets without tongues.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's another one:

So, you know how in prison, when people visit the prisoners, and talk to them through a glass panel, via telephone receivers? I actually that that's what "conjugal visit" meant.