Silly things you said, did, or thought as a kid

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I'm sure @D'Snowth will find this one funny...

Has anyone here seen Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet Frankenstein? If so, you know that scene where Alvin turns insane and smashes that swan made out of ice?

Well, my mom used to have this glass swan that she kept in her and dad's bedroom. When I was only about 4 or 5, I watched the movie on TV, and that scene of Alvin smashing the ice swan influenced me to take my mom's glass swan and drop it on the floor, shattering it into a bunch of tiny pieces.

I still feel bad about it, even though I didn't know any better at the time. :embarrassed:

RubberChicArt

Reaction score
I did a lot of dumb things in the past!
1. I snuck unwrapped chocolate to school when I was in kindergarten (I hid it in my underwear). Eventually I forgot about it and went to the restroom...y’all know where this is going.
2. My aunt tricked me into saying “Eat the **** cookie”, which by the way was my first time cursing. I eventually started singing that over and over!
3. I thought a short haired girl was a boy in the school restroom and tattletaled on “him”

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm sure @D'Snowth will find this one funny...

Has anyone here seen Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet Frankenstein? If so, you know that scene where Alvin turns insane and smashes that swan made out of ice?

Well, my mom used to have this glass swan that she kept in her and dad's bedroom. When I was only about 4 or 5, I watched the movie on TV, and that scene of Alvin smashing the ice swan influenced me to take my mom's glass swan and drop it on the floor, shattering it into a bunch of tiny pieces.

I still feel bad about it, even though I didn't know any better at the time. :embarrassed:
And I can just imagine you were probably in the biggest trouble ever for that little stunt. :stick_out_tongue:

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
And I can just imagine you were probably in the biggest trouble ever for that little stunt. :stick_out_tongue:
I don't remember just how mad my mom was at me, since it was so long ago, but I know she was NOT happy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
IIRC, I went through a very brief phase when I was maybe six or seven where I would wear gloves everyday with three dark lines scribbled on the top, like a cartoon character. I think my gloves were actually yellow instead of white, however.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Remember that post I made about the castle guards' chant in The Wizard of Oz? I was watching Wreck-it-Ralph yesterday and it turns out I'm not the only one who thought they were singing about oreos! :smile:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
IIRC, I went through a very brief phase when I was maybe six or seven where I would wear gloves everyday with three dark lines scribbled on the top, like a cartoon character. I think my gloves were actually yellow instead of white, however.
You can actually buy cartoon gloves like that. Put gloves on any cartoon character, instant like for me.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yes! I went through that phase too!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I thought "cyan" was pronounced with a hard C sound, a la "Ky-ann."

Similarly, I thought "calypso" was pronounced the way it's spelled, like "Ca-liep-so."

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
So there's this old riddle, "Why can't you tell secrets on a farm? Because the corn have ears, the potatoes have eyes, and the beanstalk."
'The beanstalk' is supposed to be a play on 'the beans talk', of course. But when I was a kid, I always thought it meant 'the beans stalk', and I always pictured these tall beanstalks creeping around and stalking you, hoping to hear your secrets. :laugh: