Silly things you said, did, or thought as a kid

Bridget

Reaction score
When I was around seven or eight years old and it was time for bed, I would keep a nightlight on. And so I was able to see everything in my bedroom. So you know what an outlet looks like right? For some really strange reason it would freak me out to look at an outlet, because it looked like a face screaming!

Hubert

Reaction score
At night, whenever I was in bed and staring at the top door hinge on my door, I'd see a squirrel running up the doorframe. Obviously, my eyes were playing tricks on me. :electric:
I used to "see" all kinds of things as well when I was little. One night I was sure that the curtain in my bedroom moved and turned into two puppets that talked to each other. :stick_out_tongue:

Bridget

Reaction score
I used to "see" all kinds of things as well when I was little. One night I was sure that the curtain in my bedroom moved and turned into two puppets that talked to each other. :stick_out_tongue:
Haha!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
1974. First grade reading class. My teacher Mrs. Kroll was showing us flash cards with words on them, with the opposites on the back, and we had to guess what the opposites were.

Mrs. K.: "What's the opposite of up?"
Class: "Down!"
Mrs. K.: "What's the opposite of near?"
Class: "Far!"
Mrs. K.: "What's the opposite of light?"
Class: "Dark!"
Except for one dissenting voice who yelled "HEAVY!!!"
Instead of being praised for thinking outside the box, Mrs. Kroll ripped me a new one. "That answer is WRONG, Mister Gallagher, because it says "Dark" right here!"
Then I said something to her that earned me my first (and certainly not my last!) trip to the principal's office.
The principal ended up siding with me, but I think I had to stay after and clap erasers that
day.
That day I also knew my public-school education was going to pay off in spades.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Sheesh...one of my professors was talking about what to do in that situation and she said that you are supposed to acknowledge that they are correct and then provide them with the answer you are looking for.

I don;t know why I have to take a class about teaching elementary school english when I'm a middle school major but whatever...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's kind of cold giving someone detention in FIRST GRADE... :smirk:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Reminds me of a time in first grade where I got punished for something I didn't do (it happened twice, actually). I tried to explain what really happened to my teacher, but she just said, "I don't want to hear it". Funny thing is, these were still some pretty stupid things to be punished for. Once while the teacher was out using the restroom, we were told to be quiet. She left another student in charge write down the names of those who got out of line. At one point, yawned, and my name got written down. When the teacher came back, the student told her that I was whistling. :rolleyes:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
-----------
Er...I always LOVED cemeteries...I would talk to the dead folk, and believe they heard me and welcomed the company. I imagined they must be bored out of their minds having to just lay there.

Still love cemeteries, especially grave art. I wish more people would do kosher burial though...no embalming, no ridiculously overpriced casket. Just throw 'em in a box and let 'em return to the earth. Sounds good to me.
-------------