Silly things you said, did, or thought as a kid

misspiggy5260

Reaction score
I always thought that that when you died all the dead people were in like a little club underground BUT TRUST ME! I know how it really works now

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I always thought that that when you died all the dead people were in like a little club underground BUT TRUST ME! I know how it really works now
I used to think that dead people could still pee and poop. I remember worrying about them being dressed in their coffins, wondering what would happen if they did so in their pants, since they couldn't get up and go to the restroom.

Yesterday i was thinking about something that I used to think, that wasn't exactly silly, but feel fits this thread... And now I can't remember what it was!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I also used to think teachers lived at school.
They're there before you arrive, they stay after you leave, and they seem to have a grand old time together in the "Faculty Lounge". Maybe they slept in the gym, who knows.

This is what a 5-year-old's logic will get you.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
On the subject of silly things we DID as kid, one time in Grade 4, we were doing a spelling test, and I was SO sure I got a 100 easy, it was a fairly simple, and easy test (and too I was good at spelling)... so anyway, we got our tests back, and I saw I had a 98, and missed one word, I didn't understand, how I could have missed it, until it was pointed out: I had spelled "strawberry" as "starwberry", and didn't even notice. Guess I had a slighty dyslexic moment or something. :embarrassed:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
On the subject of silly things we DID as kid, one time in Grade 4, we were doing a spelling test, and I was SO sure I got a 100 easy, it was a fairly simple, and easy test (and too I was good at spelling)... so anyway, we got our tests back, and I saw I had a 98, and missed one word, I didn't understand, how I could have missed it, until it was pointed out: I had spelled "strawberry" as "starwberry", and didn't even notice. Guess I had a slighty dyslexic moment or something. :embarrassed:
That doesn't seem very fair. You clearly knew how to spell it, you just accidentally inverted letters. I hated when teachers were so black and white about those things, lol.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think almost all kids, at one point or another, shared that very thought.
I never did (assuming you're referring to the post about teachers living at school).

Back when I was a kid I thought 100 dollars was a lot of money. I'm sure most kids do/did, but I remember the first time I had 100 dollars, and then I spent enough money to have less than 100 dollars (I think 90 something), and thought I was poor again (of course I wasn't poor, since my parents paid all the bills).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That doesn't seem very fair. You clearly knew how to spell it, you just accidentally inverted letters. I hated when teachers were so black and white about those things, lol.
On that same token, then ANY could have said the same thing about a word they got wrong on spelling tests.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
On that same token, then ANY could have said the same thing about a word they got wrong on spelling tests.
You're right, I guess that's why they couldn't make exceptions. Still you should be able to tell the difference between not knowing how to spell a word and just making a typo.