Silly things you said, did, or thought as a kid

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
She left another student in charge write down the names of those who got out of line. At one point, yawned, and my name got written down. When the teacher came back, the student told her that I was whistling. :rolleyes:
Oy...that's a big no-no...teachers should NEVER leave a student in charge. If they need to leave for any reason, they are supposed to get an administrator or a teacher who does not have a class to watch. We talked about this actually in one of my classes...

Oh the joys of being an education major...nitpicking things online about bad teachers XD

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, usually if a teacher DOES leave a student in charge, they generally leave one of the more goody-two-shoe students in charge.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Until Miss Goody Two-Shoes turns out to be a snitch (Funny, there's another word that rhymes with 'snitch', but I digress).

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Wasn't exactly when I was a kid, but last year I did something really stupid.
The Muppets was nearing it's last showings here, and the closest theater where it was playing by was downtown. Of course, being the Muppet fan that I am, I just took the train downtown, which was a really stupid idea becuase I had no idea what the train schedule back was, and I barely knew my way around. :embarrassed:

Hubert

Reaction score
The leaving-student-in-charge story reminds me of the one time that a teacher left me in charge while they ran to the restroom. I was supposed to write down anyone's name who talked (as we were told to be quiet). So as various classmates hand motioned, tried to get me to talk, laughed, yawned, etc, I pretended to write down their names. Then as soon as the teacher walked in, some people were pleading their cases to the teacher and were shocked when they found the paper to be blank. :stick_out_tongue:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
When I was five my family went to see the 4th of July Parade. My brother and I each had a balloon, and we stood on the curb watching the parade march by. Suddenly my brother's balloon popped "BANG!!!!". I turned around and there was an old lady with a huge overbite and jagged, sharp buck teeth. (Matt Groening would've had a field day with her. She was Simpsons material!)

I asked her very innocently, "Did YOU do that?" She gave me a somewhat confused look.
I thought with her sharp teeth, she tried to bite my brother's balloon, and THAT'S why it popped.

Some things only make sense when you're five.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
For a long time I thought that all celebrities used their real names, as opposed to alternate stage. That's not the silly part of this post. I saw a promo/segment on a WWF show which showed Mr. Perfect playing a perfect game of basketball, saying he managed that because he's perfect, and I wondered how his parents knew to name him perfect, not knowing at the time that adults who go by Mr. or Mrs. usually have it followed by their last name instead of their first (when I was in the fourth grade I asked my teacher what her last name was, unaware that I technically knew it). If they didn't know he'd be perfect at everything (and maybe he wasn't, even in the context of professional wrestling) it's interesting that he'd be named Mr. Perfect AND grow up to be perfect.

Then I was told that most wrestlers don't use their real names. I mentioned this to one of my friends, but he pointed out that we'd rented a Hulk Hogan video that supposedly had footage from a childhood birthday party (most likely staged for the video, but we didn't know that at the time) and his birthday cake had "Happy birthday Hulk Hogan" written on it. I mentioned this to my mom, who said that parents wouldn't name their kids "Hulk", but suggested it might be a nickname or middle name. I then remembered that Hulk Hogan was credited as "Terry 'Hulk' Hogan" in Trapped in Paradise, and figured Hulk was his middle name. And several years later I learned that his last name wasn't really Hogan.