Sesame went down hill when Elmo came on the scene

DatH

Reaction score
>Sees Joe Fallon in Writing credits for some recent episodes
But for what though?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
He and Ken Scarborough are on the Sesame writing staff now.

DatH

Reaction score
I meant for which segment?
Because there's 6 other writers

Erine81981

Reaction score
I came to this post cause I had found an old post I posted from back then. I wanted to bump it cause of which I made a very sad remark of saying I didn't like how the newer season was and wanted some older character to start coming back and they kinda have. Now yes I don't watch it for the education. I watch it for the characters and maybe a new song. I don't really care about the 30 minutes to an Hour long version at all. I'm just there to watch the characters I grew up with.

The only characters I grew up with are pretty much still on the show. Big Bird, Snuffy, Alice, Oscar, Slimey, Grungetta, Grover, Cookie Monster, Gladys the Cow, Ruby Monster, Count Von Count, Ernie and Bert, Herry Monster, Frazzle, Biff and Sully, Farley, Telly Monster, Hoots the Owl, Forgetful Jones, Clementine and Elmo. (Yes I know Elmo blew up in the late 90's till now but I consider him classic) Those I consider classic characters from my days as a child watching it. Yes several from this list aren't on the show any more. They could reintroduce some of them if they wanted too. Now saying they are and not saying they will. Doesn't bother if they don't ever.

In the early 90's to the late 90's I got attached to newer characters who I can also look at and say classic for the 90's kids. Mary Monster, Chicago Lion, Joey and Davy Monkey, Zoe, Baby Bear, Goldie Locks, Rosita, Roxie Marie, Kingston Livingston the 3rd and Monty. That's really all I can think about as of newer characters in the early 90's to the late 90's. I know there are several others but I can't think of any more. But I know most of those characters aren't ever coming back. Doesn't bother me. I don't care. I like the main characters they have as of right now. I'm fine with how ever Sesame Workshop does it.

P.S. I do have to agree with several of you on yes the show doesn't have the heart or warmth or family involvement like it did from later on in the series but these are new times and the kids who are watching it today or infants will say the same thing about it, if it can go another 50 years.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
P.S. I do have to agree with several of you on yes the show doesn't have the heart or warmth or family involvement like it did from later on in the series but these are new times and the kids who are watching it today or infants will say the same thing about it, if it can go another 50 years.
I mean, that's how long runners work.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
How did you know they eased down the trend in March if you stopped watching in February?
To clarify, I never knew they eased down the trend in March 1985 then. I only noticed the trend easing down after reading episode guides on Muppet Wiki, and that discovery was in the last year or two.

It sounds like you didn't read and understand the whole post I made, because I did mention losing interest in February 1985 near the beginning of the post.

Last edited: