Sesame went down hill when Elmo came on the scene

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
My millennial status probably has effect to it, but I miss around the corner so much.
Same. The ATC era is the Sesame Street I grew up watching. I really like the concept because it made the show feel bigger and you could do so many new stories with those places. I am absolutely a big fan of the street redesign from season 46 though. I wish they could bring back ATC and modernize it.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Same. The ATC era is the Sesame Street I grew up watching. I really like the concept because it made the show feel bigger and you could do so many new stories with those places. I am absolutely a big fan of the street redesign from season 46 though. I wish they could bring back ATC and modernize it.
It’s never going to happen, both Caroll and Marty explained it confused kids. Plus another source said that after season twenty nine, they wanted to focus more on classic and a core group of characters.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Agreed! Like, I would have loved to go inside the furry arms hotel or Ruthie’s lost and found shop and chill at the playground. Plus the sets overall just looked really cool.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
It’s never going to happen, both Caroll and Marty explained it confused kids. Plus another source said that after season twenty nine, they wanted to focus more on classic and a core group of characters.
I know it will never happen. Especially now in days kids attention spans are not that good.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
Agreed! Like, I would have loved to go inside the furry arms hotel or Ruthie’s lost and found shop and chill at the playground. Plus the sets overall just looked really cool.
I agree the sets were fantastic. As a kid I always wanted to stay at the furry arms 😂

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Plus I’ll admit one thing I loved about the era was the introduction to Benny. I always found his short temper to be funny, and I just feel like I can relate to him in so many ways.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
Plus I’ll admit one thing I loved about the era was the introduction to Benny. I always found his short temper to be funny, and I just feel like I can relate to him in so many ways.
Oh yeah Benny was great. I loved the 123 Count with Me video as a kid. It was fun to see him paired with Ernie.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yes! That was one of my favorite tapes from the late 90s era. Great selection of skits/songs, and the running gag between Ernie and Benny. 😂

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Yes! That was one of my favorite tapes from the late 90s era. Great selection of skits/songs, and the running gag between Ernie and Benny. 😂
Benny was probably one of the funniest characters during that era especially of how negative he was. My favorite thing with Benny is when he has to deal with Baby Bear at the Furry Arms.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Furry Arms was a funny conceit and a lot of really funny stuff happened there, fer sure. But I can see what some felt it was weird having a high-class hotel on a seemingly inner-city street.

Furchester was a nice way of expanding on that idea, but it was nowhere near as funny.