Sesame Street Season 50 News and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Meh, I prefer it when a prank/practical joke/gag is setup to actually fool people, and it works, the outcome is far more satisfying. But, in this fandom, it's hard to pull off a really good April Fool's prank anymore, because, as pointed out, it comes to be expected, and it's usually the same kind of jokes year after year. Still, I just felt like TP kind of overdid it this year.

On an unrelated note, I did actually get fooled approximately once today: one YouTube channel I'm subscribed to Rickrolled us today.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I know what you mean. That's why I've done it a day early in the past. Maybe next time I can pull a Joey Gladstone and do April Fool's a month early. :smile: Though like I said, I probably need to do some more research as well to come up with something people will fall for.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Honestly a lot of these April fools jokes were lacking this year, if it was something really creative and almost believable I would buy it. But like Ruth Buzzi returns to Sesame Street or Happytime Murders 2...I am sorry the joke died.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Honestly a lot of these April fools jokes were lacking this year, if it was something really creative and almost believable I would buy it. But like Ruth Buzzi returns to Sesame Street or Happytime Murders 2...I am sorry the joke died.
I would love to see a video message from Ruth Buzzi for the 50th anniversary...Wouldn't that work in the overall way of things ?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I would love to see a video message from Ruth Buzzi for the 50th anniversary...Wouldn't that work in the overall way of things ?
Possibly but she’s retired at this point so it’s slim to none with her

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I knew right away that this was a joke but the plot descriptions that they wrote were still funny, I really like the one about Herry Monster's lost spinoff and Prince Bob

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I really liked the Toughpigs story about the 17th anniversary where everything is about Jerry Nelson, I think that plot would actually make a good special

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I decided just for the heck of it I would write my own fake SS anniversary special

This special is called "Sesame Street 5th anniversary: We have Learned to Count it Higher". This was a special that aired on NBC on November 15th of 1973. The special opens with Herry Monster lifting a large number 5 onto the set, he breaks the 5 by accident and introduces the host. It was hosted by Christopher Cerf. In the special he talks about how Sesame Street has affected it's audiences (with the help of several muppets).

It featured interviews with some of the cast and crew. Lefty the Salesman tries to sell Ernie a 5. Christopher Cerf tries to help Big Bird and Grover remember the alphabet and helps then by showing a James Earl Jones saying the alphabet. Sherlock Hemlock tries to solve the mystery of how it all started. The song "Count it Higher" is played several times in this special (because of the title). This special only aired once and It's not likely that we will see it again since everything in it is outdated (there is even a clip from The Crack Master short in a montage).
This is all fake if you didn't already know.

Status
Not open for further replies.