Sesame Street Season 50 News and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I just found this out on Muppet Wiki:

Several celebrities visited the set during production of season 50, some of whom will feature as guest stars. Celebrities who visited the set during production of the season include Michael Che, Misty Copeland, Dave Grohl, Maren Morris, Charlie Puth, Thomas Rhett, and Chrissy Teigen.

During production for the season, celebrities taped "Sesame Street Memories" videos in California. Celebrities included Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Terry Crews, Josh Gad, Kathryn Hahn, Colin Jost, Mindy Kaling, Olivia Munn, Busy Philipps, Seth Rogen, Paul Scheer, and Jason Schwartzman.

datman24

Reaction score
You know, watching these celebrities talking about their favorite Sesame Street memories, you kind of have to wonder whether or not these were all scripted. I can imagine some aspects of them were (especially the parts with the Muppets), but some of these memories that they talk about are mostly generic Muppet stuff like I Love Trash, and whathaveyou. I can understand that these might stick out more to them since they were so well-known, but I'm waiting for someone to talk about something more specific that they would have remembered watching, like a non-Muppet memory. You see, if I were being asked my favorite Sesame Street memory, I would talk about the moments that do not get spoken of much, but sticks to my mind. One of my earliest memories of the show was watching a segment where a girl does this drawing of her friend, and they had this music playing in the background and at the end of it, it cuts to the completed drawing and then to the person who was drawn. Not sure if any of you know which segment I am describing. Or how about the animated segments? I remember being completely mesmerized by that animated 1-20 song with the Indian music. I'm hoping as more of these get produced, that some celebrity will come forward with a non-Muppet memory, just so there is more variety to these memories being talked about.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
You know, watching these celebrities talking about their favorite Sesame Street memories, you kind of have to wonder whether or not these were all scripted. I can imagine some aspects of them were (especially the parts with the Muppets), but some of these memories that they talk about are mostly generic Muppet stuff like I Love Trash, and whathaveyou. I can understand that these might stick out more to them since they were so well-known, but I'm waiting for someone to talk about something more specific that they would have remembered watching, like a non-Muppet memory....I'm hoping as more of these get produced, that some celebrity will come forward with a non-Muppet memory, just so there is more variety to these memories being talked about.
I'd imagine some sort of copy was written for them after some initial contact. They wouldn't want a celebrity going on camera and being like, "I liked that one cartoon with the fairy...or was it a pixie?"

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Figured I’d mention my own earliest Sesame Street memory.

Mine would have to be the Rock & Roll VHS. I do recall seeing some episodes beforehand, but I have little to no memory what they were or which segments were on it.... so Rock & Roll will be my earliest.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Since we're on the subject, my earliest SS memory is the VHS "Bedtime Stories and Song." Even as an infant and a toddler, I was never a good sleeper, and I have to wonder if perhaps my parents playing this at bedtime was their attempt to try to "get me in the mood" or something to where I'd want to go to sleep. I don't think it worked though, lol.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You know, watching these celebrities talking about their favorite Sesame Street memories, you kind of have to wonder whether or not these were all scripted. I can imagine some aspects of them were (especially the parts with the Muppets), but some of these memories that they talk about are mostly generic Muppet stuff like I Love Trash, and whathaveyou. I can understand that these might stick out more to them since they were so well-known, but I'm waiting for someone to talk about something more specific that they would have remembered watching, like a non-Muppet memory. You see, if I were being asked my favorite Sesame Street memory, I would talk about the moments that do not get spoken of much, but sticks to my mind.
Would you say they're on par with season 35's moments? https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/My_Favorite_Sesame_Street_Moments

I remember thinking that too many of those celebrities favorite moments were too recent/had more to do with how the moments helped their own kids deal with things. I talked about that on the forum long ago and somebody gave the explanation that at least some of the celebrities likely didn't watch the show until they had kids.

So far there are two of these where the favorite moment is the song "I Love Trash".

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
One of my early SS memories is watching the 25th anniversary Musical Celebration tape. I remember constantly watching it in my parents' bedroom and really enjoying it.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Add me to the VHS camp:

Yes, I did learn stuff, but I was immediately more obsessed with how the puppets worked.

I think I watched way more VHS tapes over what was actually on TV at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.