Sesame Street for Adults?

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
While cataloging my videos, I have "Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn" on the TV. All of a sudden I see a picture of Bert and Ernie heads super-imposed over business suits. Colin Quinn says that PBS is airing a show called "Sesame Street for Adults" which will teach things that adults don't know much about (ie. balancing a check book and filing taxes). Is this true? Is there a thread about it already that I'm missing or something? It seems like an interesting concept.

...eh, either way, the comics were pretty funny.

-Matt

FozzieBear

Reaction score
I think that SS for adults would be hilarious!! Imagine a 3 year old Big Bird teaching adults how to Balance a cheque book and Oscar the grouch teaching people how to book a hotel, using the example of Yucky World.org to book it!

FozzieBear (Luke) :frown: :stick_out_tongue:

Thijs

Reaction score
Sounds great. But is it made by Henson? I have never heard of it.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Jeffrey Gray said:
It's a joke. After all, Tough Crowd is on COMEDY Central. :wink:
Tough Crowd doesn't use fictitious news; rather, they have a discussion about real events which is mixed with the comedic views of each participant. Its like the View...only funny. They said that PBS had picked it up after an in-depth discussion about the falsehood of the Iraqi Uranium purchase which is a very real news item.

I'm not saying that it is definitely true, but I am not going to just rule it out because I saw it on Comedy Central rather than CNN.

Can we get someone with some actual information in here please?

-Matt

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Cantus Rock said:
Tough Crowd doesn't use fictitious news; rather, they have a discussion about real events which is mixed with the comedic views of each participant. Its like the View...only funny. They said that PBS had picked it up after an in-depth discussion about the falsehood of the Iraqi Uranium purchase which is a very real news item.
I know they talk about real events, but the "SS for Adults" was a joke one of the comics made, and they made up a fake clip to go along with it. OK?

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Jeffrey Gray said:
I know they talk about real events, but the "SS for Adults" was a joke one of the comics made, and they made up a fake clip to go along with it. OK?
There was no clip; only a still image. And I am still not ruling it out until I hear something official. No offense.

-Matt

Beauregard

Reaction score
Cantus Rock said:
There was no clip; only a still image. And I am still not ruling it out until I hear something official. No offense.

-Matt
Where is Secret Squiggle when you need him?

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
they should make a sesame street for teens, teaching them the nucleus of an atom or the frequency of a wave, etc, etc