Sesame Street for Adults?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Cantus Rock said:
There was no clip; only a still image. And I am still not ruling it out until I hear something official. No offense.

-Matt
Trust me, it's a joke.

FozzieBear

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
it would be 6 years of age for big bird not 3
Whoops! I'll fix up my post now!

FozzieBear (Luke)

edit: Cant fix my post, its too late to now, but I know its wrong!

gbrobeck

Reaction score
Actually this is a true news item. The series in actuality has nothing to do with Sesame Street or its producers, but is simply described as Sesame Street for adults because it works on the same principles.... drumming useful information into the viewers' heads by showing them things simply and repetitively. The series is entitled "TV411" and debuts in August on PBS stations nationwide. The emmy-winning series previously only aired in select markets.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/2003-07-22-sesame_x.htm

Greg

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you read Greg's post in its entirety, but this show is not Sesame Street related in any way. I don't see what I was wrong about. Don't exactly get why you think I’m supposedly wrong "again" or the need to be argumentative. The picture and idea that Ernie and Bert are going to teach these lessons is a joke.

I'm surprised the lawyers at Sesame Workshop haven't jumped all over the promoters using Sesame's brand name to sell this new show. Spike Lee just sued TNN for a lesser offense.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Sorry. I was only joking, and the 'again' was only a figure of speach. Sorry.

Bea:zany:

gbrobeck

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
I'm not sure if you read Greg's post in its entirety, but this show is not Sesame Street related in any way. I don't see what I was wrong about. Don't exactly get why you think I’m supposedly wrong "again" or the need to be argumentative. The picture and idea that Ernie and Bert are going to teach these lessons is a joke.

I'm surprised the lawyers at Sesame Workshop haven't jumped all over the promoters using Sesame's brand name to sell this new show. Spike Lee just sued TNN for a lesser offense.

Well, the people promoting the series aren't promoting it as "Sesame Street for adults" so much as the news media is. Once one newspaper/magazine or whatever gets an idea of what to call something, all the rest of the world runs with it.

Greg