Sesame Street Episode 847 with Margaret Hamilton

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Because 12 didn’t leak back in late ‘14 with 2-16 and 1966 was the only premiere episode that didn’t air on Noggin’s Sesame Street Unpaved.

gravy

Reaction score
I think the difference between any other episode and 847, however, is that 847 was specifically researched upon and determined not to be re-aired, while the other episodes just didn't get to be re-aired because of the cycle they go through- and that's the main reason people rave about it. Because this was an episode unlike many others that was purposely not re-aired, that's really why people dub it to be banned, which may be an exaggerative word for the situation, but in a sense it's true.

This thread was started in 2016, when there was very little information about the episode and the basic knowledge and consensus was that the episode was banned for being too scary. Soon enough we began to unfold some more clues that cleared it up that this wasn't lost, destroyed, or taboo, but rather just an episode that was deemed unsuitable for children and therefore kept in the can. At this point, the informed majority of us do know that that is the case, and the main goal at this stage of the search is just to get the episode to show up, and I don't think we could blame anyone for that, because is it really too much to ask with all the work that's been but also has yet to be done?

datman24

Reaction score
The Lost Media Wiki on fandom.com or the one on its own host? Because the former is mostly fan fiction.
I find the Lost Media Wiki to be slightly biased in terms of what they feature on that site as "lost media." All lot of the stuff that they prominently feature on that site mostly consists of animation/children's media. Now, I don't expect them list every bit of lost media that is unavailable to the public. However, some of the more well-known lost media, such as the first ten years of The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, in which its episodes have wiped out and/or destroyed, does not have a page. However, for some reason, they had no problem creating a page for the Sesame Street song, Frazzle. I'm not quite sure why they decided to make a page for that since it has never been lost and has always been (as far as I'm aware) available to the public. Oh what, there's a couple seconds of that song that is missing? Who cares!

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
A certain user on here who’s name I won’t bring up went out of his way to make “lost” pages for Sesame Street skits that weren’t publicly available yet just because he was having a tantrum about them not being available. Granted, he has outgrown that phase, but still, it was stupid.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
A certain user on here who’s name I won’t bring up went out of his way to make “lost” pages for Sesame Street skits that weren’t publicly available yet just because he was having a tantrum about them not being available. Granted, he has outgrown that phase, but still, it was stupid.
A user who's name you shouldn't mention? I didn't know Voldemort had an account on MC lol.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I still don't get how it wasn't "banned" either, but whatevs.

I talked about this on the Lost Media Wiki discord and some guy was just like "So, uh, what's stopping him from uploading it to Internet Archive or something?" and I'm like "Well, you got me there". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My guess is that since it's "just another episode" it doesn't have priority and eventually all the screenshots will be uploaded to Muppet Wiki and then we'll maybe get a clip or two.

But yeah, before this year we had no clue if we'd ever see the episode, but the odds are totally in our favor now.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was reading some posts on the Toughpigs forum about last night's Sesame Street music event at the Museum of Moving Images, read that some upcoming Sesame Street events were announced, including a "Lost and Found" in November, including stuff that only aired once or twice as well as unaired stuff. Episode 847 seems like an obvious choice for that event (though I don't think any specifics were announced).

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I was reading some posts on the Toughpigs forum about last night's Sesame Street music event at the Museum of Moving Images, read that some upcoming Sesame Street events were announced, including a "Lost and Found" in November, including stuff that only aired once or twice as well as unaired stuff. Episode 847 seems like an obvious choice for that event (though I don't think any specifics were announced).
I think that, Out To Lunch, and maybe the infamous X-Flies episode would be screened

Oscarfan

Reaction score
No, no specifics were announced. All that was said was the premise and Rosemarie Truglio would be there to help explain/give insight as to why things weren't aired/run often.

(Also it wasn't last night, it was almost two weeks ago).