Sesame Street Classics HBO Max Rollouts

ssetta

Reaction score
I also wanted to point out that 3487 seems to be the only episode that actually has the "Coming Soon" preview intact for the next episode, 3488. It makes me wonder if it will make people want to see that episode, and I'm guessing why they normally don't include those, and I actually really like episode 3488. I'm not complaining, I'm just stating.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
After discovering on Muppet Wiki that fresh episodes were added to HBO Max a couple of weeks ago, and I read on these forums offline that there seems to be a trend that newly-added episodes have a common factor (story arc, or the best of episodes featuring a certain character), In the initial batch, we've seen episodes in which Bert or Cookie Monster was a central character in street scenes. Bert was central in at least three episodes, and Cookie Monster was central in at least three episodes). This time, we've got episodes centering on Barkley, Tarah and/or Linda. However, I don't see anything with the 2003 episode with the Bert's birthday plot that involved those characters (Linda wasn't involved, as she retired in 2002).

Maybe they're saving the episodes with plots involving Big Bird as the central character - more along the "best of" episodes - for last.

hooperfan

Reaction score
Hard to say, there has to be hundreds of episodes where Big Bird is the central figure

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So are we now at a point where we’re just being like this when it comes to determining episode batches?

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Also, I did discover that one of the recently-added episodes had a plot involving Linda's birthday. Wasn't there a Season 8 episode with a plot involving Linda's birthday that was also released to HBO Max in May 2020?

datman24

Reaction score
Well, with HBO Max going down under (or at least rebranding), I wonder what the fate will be with regard to Classic Sesame Street content? Whether they will still be up or if they are on the chopping block like some of the other programs and movies on there.

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, with HBO Max going down under (or at least rebranding), I wonder what the fate will be with regard to Classic Sesame Street content? Whether they will still be up or if they are on the chopping block like some of the other programs and movies on there.
What?? I didn’t hear about this?? What’s it rebranding as?