Sesame Street Classics HBO Max Rollouts

DotBridgekeeper

Reaction score
There were two "School is Cool" segments and they were aired only in Season 14. The other is "School is Cool Reading", which was shown just one episode. That episode was uploaded on the Internet, and so was the standalone segment.
Which episode was that, and can it be found or shared currently?

ssetta

Reaction score
I wanted to point something out. I don't know how long they've had this, but I noticed that now some of the classic episodes have video description, primarily the "snow" episodes that were added in late 2020. I wonder if they'll start doing that with the rest of them. They have it for mostly all episodes from season 42 on up. The show has had it since season 34, and I've always wondered what it would sound like on classic episodes.

DotBridgekeeper

Reaction score
video descriptions
That's awesome to know. I'm visually impaired, and for that reason, I probably spent more time not sitting at the TV, but still paying as much attention to the audio content regardless where I was about the apartment. I know it's a bit harder to do that with older episodes because you can't always edit them so as to add descriptions in the most appropriate places. Nowadays, sound and dialog placements can be made more flexibly. But I'll check out the s5 and s7 shows you mentioned that were added in late 2020.

ssetta

Reaction score
Some more episodes were added today. 3487, 3543, 3764, 3806, 3848, 3962, 4034, 4067. It seems like there’s a theme with a lot of them. A lot of them had Barkley, Tarah, and/or Linda. I’m also surprised that for 3543 and 3764 they picked the reruns instead of the originals.

clipjj27

Reaction score
Some more episodes were added today. 3487, 3543, 3764, 3806, 3848, 3962, 4034, 4067. It seems like there’s a theme with a lot of them. A lot of them had Barkley, Tarah, and/or Linda. I’m also surprised that for 3543 and 3764 they picked the reruns instead of the originals.
I might have said this before, but whenever I see that the 'HBO Max' page on Muppet Wiki has been edited, I go check it out, hoping that this is the day when some episodes from the early years (especially the 1970's) are shown again, only to find out that they aren't. Oh well, as I (and many) have said before, CTW and Sesame Workshop do not 'owe us anything' (with 'us' of course being the fans of the 'early years').

DotBridgekeeper

Reaction score
… whenever I see that the 'HBO Max' page on Muppet Wiki has been edited, I go check it out, hoping that this is the day when some episodes from the early years (especially the 1970's) are shown again, only to find out …
As my general rule, I've learned not to expect tall orders, and maybe I'll be, occasionally, pleasantly surprised.

ssetta

Reaction score
I might have said this before, but whenever I see that the 'HBO Max' page on Muppet Wiki has been edited, I go check it out, hoping that this is the day when some episodes from the early years (especially the 1970's) are shown again, only to find out that they aren't. Oh well, as I (and many) have said before, CTW and Sesame Workshop do not 'owe us anything' (with 'us' of course being the fans of the 'early years').
You just love to make whiny, ungrateful posts, don’t you.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
@clipjj27 I don’t think you’re being ungrateful, truth is we all have a preferred era from what we grew up with. Even as someone who watched the show during and loves the around the corner era, I would love to see more 70s era shows get commercial streaming releases since this decade seems to be a bit overlooked at times.