Votes: 3 9.1%
  • R-AH-lf (rAHlf)

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • R-AW-lf (rolf)

Votes: 13 39.4%

• Total voters

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Oh, lucky you, having a family who knows who Rowlf is! I was once talking to my mom about Muppets, and she had Rowlf and Fozzie confused. I had to scold her for it, and she just laughed at me. But of course now I'm wondering how I pronounced "Rowlf" in that conversation...

(Oh, please, don't bring my complete ineptitude at any and all sports into this.)

Beauregard

Reaction score
Rowlf and Fozzie...unforgivable...Although! That said, they are the same size...and have basically the same shape head...and big mouthes...and human styme hands...

(Hey! I can't help it if you got concussion from a wiffle ball!)

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
And they're both furry! It's impossible to NOT notice how similar they are when they hug in MTM. And they both tell jokes, too... It's just that one of them is a comedian and the other one is actually funny.

(Yes, well, it's not MY fault that every flying object remotely related to gym class is magnetically attracted to my head...)

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh that scene is so dear to my heart...There are a few noticable differences though! Fozzie's body is much more "shaped" while Rowlf is more sacklike, no offence intended. And they are radically different colours.

(Well...maybe you should have your head looked at?)

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
And they have much different ears. I love Rowlf's ears. And his eyes, those big sunny-side-up-eggs. That are black instead of yellow. And SO perfect for double-takes. But both Rowlf and Fozzie look like they'd give great hugs.

(I would, but the doctor would surely faint upon the discovery of the three minds... and just leave me on the table, still unconscious from whatever drugs... not a pretty situation.)

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes. They would be great to hug...very huggable indeed. Though, you'd be surprised how huggable Kermit is too, actually. Dispite his spindly little arms...giving the photo-copy-Kermit-replica a hug is...pretty close to the real thing, and such a great thing to do! Or...very very sad...

Fozzie also had his teddy to hug of course.

(Drugs! Oh my...this situation just gets worse and worse...First sports, now drugs...you have the makings for an olypian dissaster, girl.)

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Oh, I don't doubt at all that Kermit would be good for a hug. He's just too nice of a guy to be a bad hugger. But ROWLF, well, no matter HOW you pronounce his name, he's just naturally got all the physical attributes, AND the perfect character, to give AWESOME hugs.

(Yes, well, this is why I avoid the Olympics. I notice that YOUR athletic ability hasn't come into discussion yet... Is that intentional, on your part?)

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I guess I never thought about it before. I just kinda say it.

BEAR

Reaction score
I've heard different characters pronounce it slightly differently, but we all say the same things differently. I guess I would just go with how Rowlf, himself, pronounces his own name.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've always heard it as "R-ALL-F", so I've always pronounced it "R-ALL-F".

The only different pronunciation I've heard is Quentin Tarantino, who pronounces it as "Ralph".