RIP Muppet Show Guests

anytimepally

Reaction score
:sympathy: Would be a nice tribute if Johnny Fiama did a little celebration via the Muppets social media channels, since Tony was his "all-time favorite idol."

Muppet Master

Reaction score
RIP to Tony Bennet, he is the first guest star of season one of Muppets Tonight to pass away. Season 2 guest star Prince was the first to pass away altogether, followed by Don Rickles and Coolio (they co-starred in the same episode).

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Technically there were MT guests who passed before Prince, but he was the first headliner, so I’ll let it slide.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Technically there were MT guests who passed before Prince, but he was the first headliner, so I’ll let it slide.
Oh, right, Leonard Nimoy. (As Forgetful Jones) I forgot. Uh, hee.

(Sorry for triple posting. I can't edit very well on my phone. I'll have to fix that later.)

TheRealFraggle

Reaction score
I agree with you. It's really sad how many are gone :sigh:. Honestly though I'm surprised that less than 50 are dead out of over 120 given how old the show is. Though looking at the Muppet Wiki page for the first time, I was surprised by some of the ones who are gone, including four this year already! At least Julie Andrews is still with us :smirk:.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I agree with you. It's really sad how many are gone :sigh:. Honestly though I'm surprised that less than 50 are dead out of over 120 given how old the show is. Though looking at the Muppet Wiki page for the first time, I was surprised by some of the ones who are gone, including four this year already! At least Julie Andrews is still with us :smirk:.
Yeah, but for how long? I hear she's lost her singing voice years ago and I do wonder about her healthwise. After all, her "Sound of Music" co-star Christopher Plummer passed recently, so you never know.