RIP Muppet Show Guests

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, I just heard that Harry Belafonte, who was the guest star in the 14th episode of the third season of The Muppet Show, died at age 96.
Yep. I caught that on the news just now. It's a shame. The banana boat song was a classic as was his "Coconut Counting Man" number on "Sesame Street."

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Yep. I caught that on the news just now. It's a shame. The banana boat song was a classic as was his "Coconut Counting Man" number on "Sesame Street."
Speaking of the Banana Boat song/sketch, have you ever noticed that at one point while Fozzie is getting exasperated with Beauregard delivering onions, pineapples etc instead of bananas, up on the big boat at one point Link Hogthrob happens to be eating a BANANA!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Speaking of the Banana Boat song/sketch, have you ever noticed that at one point while Fozzie is getting exasperated with Beauregard delivering onions, pineapples etc instead of bananas, up on the big boat at one point Link Hogthrob happens to be eating a BANANA!
Wow. I never noticed that and I've had that one since way back when in the TimeLife TMS era. I guess I really need to watch for what they try to hide from us. :smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Rest in peace to Harry Belafonte. His episode is a classic, sad to see him go. The list of living Muppet Show guest stars continues to shrink at a depressing rate.
You can say that again. We've had Ruth Buzzi have a series of strokes. Then there's Julie Andrews who's in her 80s and can't sing like she used to. Who know how long these people will be around?

datman24

Reaction score
His episode of the Muppet Show was how I was introduced to him and what I will forever remember him for.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Harry was definitely a tough loss. As the list continues to shrink, it will eventually reach a point every Muppet show guest has passed. And it will be there before any of us know it.