Ricky Gervais in Talks to Star in 'Muppets' Sequel

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i have nothing agaisnt Ricky and i cant wait for the movie either way, but i will say my main concern is that eventually the muppets will be second fiddle in their own movie, and its not just them i see this trend happening in other movies too

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Ehh I don't believe that will happen. I'm pretty optimistic. I think the Muppets will always be first fiddle! :smile:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
im optimistic to, but i know hollywood and actor egos...sometimes that wins

D'Snowth

Reaction score
NPH is overrated and overexposed, so I think it's wise they went with some one else in the last one. Heck, even his cameo and him remarking, "I don't know why I'M not the one hosting this thing" seemed force... but then again, some of the celebrity cameos seemed a little forced any way, but then again, the Muppets needed star power to help their telethon get noticed, so they needed just about any relevant celebrity they could.

EDIT: Charlie ziffeled me, I was responding to muppetlover123's previous post.

Hubert

Reaction score
Now that it's official, I might as well post some more thoughts: I'm very happy with this, I feel like he'll be a wonderful choice for the movie. It's a shame he didn't get his cameo in the last movie, so at least now he'll be able to work with the Muppets some more. Gervais was great working on SST, so I'm sure he'll be a wonderful actor in the Muppet world. :smile: