Ricky Gervais in Talks to Star in 'Muppets' Sequel

Hubert

Reaction score
Yeah, human roles really are what tend to draw younger generations foreign to the Mupptes...I've said it on here before, but I continue to think back to the little kid who told me that she was going to see The Muppets because her older sister has a crush on Jason Segel.

Hey...whatever works to draw fans in, even if we have to kidnap someone.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
He's moved on from the Critic, mainly to work on bigger projects. Though he has said the Critic may make future apperances.
I heard he was going to do movies, but it seems like right now he's doing his own version of How it Should Have Ended.

Borples

Reaction score
We already have a villian? Who is it? I must have missed that news or I just forgot, can someone please remind me?
Has anyone been cast yet for the female role too? I remember there were talks about it, but I don't remember anything being announced..:confused:

I think humans are important in a Muppet movie, you need humans to balance things out. Also, a lot of people will also come to the movie if they hear someone that they really like is playing in it, like Ty Burrell or Ricky Gervais. YAAAAAAYYYYY!!

Oh, sorry, I was thinking the interpol inspector was the villain. I guess we don't know that yet? You'll have to excuse me, I think Christmas has addled my brain.

No casting on the femme fatale yet, that I know of. But we know the character is supposed to be there. I'm just thinking that three seemingly-major human characters is a lot. But I guess it depends on how major they are.

RealWonderman

Reaction score
Oh, sorry, I was thinking the interpol inspector was the villain. I guess we don't know that yet? You'll have to excuse me, I think Christmas has addled my brain.

No casting on the femme fatale yet, that I know of. But we know the character is supposed to be there. I'm just thinking that three seemingly-major human characters is a lot. But I guess it depends on how major they are.
Well, my favorite, The Great Muppet Caper, had Lady Holiday and her brother, plus the three femme fatale's, so I'm not too worried with the human count I guess, The names we have so far are TERRIFIC as far as Muppet/Human interaction potential goes!!
I'm not ashamed to admit though that as long as there's LOTS of Miss Piggy (LOTS)...like GMC lots!) I'll be A-OK.