Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yep, spot-on. Anyone cheering Kamala for shutting down the Charlemagne interview because he dared to ask a serious question is being ridiculous, that's quite literally the Trump-like behavior that they supposedly detest

I just gave it a watch and to be honest, half the stuff she was saying just felt like it was translating to “It’s all Republicans fault! It’s all Republicans fault!” And the minute she said “Stop talking like a Republican” I just immediately wanted to click off.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I just sent out Christmas cards and stuff last weekend, but something is gnawing away at my mind that I'm wondering if anybody can explain . . . how is it that Trump had the authority to appoint a new postmaster general (with whom he slowed down the mail in an attempt to overturn the election so mail-in ballots wouldn't arrive on-time), but Biden has no authority to remove said postmaster general, or even appoint another new one to replace him?
The Postmaster General is appointed by the board of governors of the postal service. The members of that board are appointed by the President. Don't ask me why President Biden hasn't changed the board of governors yet so they can replace the postmaster general. One theory could be that the Postmaster General isn't as bad as you feel it is.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
He can't just change the board.
The board is made up of 9 members. There are currently 4 Republican appointees, 2 Democratic nominees and 3 vacancies. One of the Democratic nominees is serving on an interim basis, essentially. So President Biden can get rid of him and fill the 3 vacancies. That would give the Democrats a 5-4 edge. Anyone President Biden nominates for the board needs to be confirmed by the Senate, which is split 50-50. The board selects the Postmaster General, who does not need to be confirmed by the Senate. So essentially, President Biden has the power to change the board. Not 100% of the board. But enough to give him control of who the next Postmaster General is.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Just like all other government agencies, the post office can use some streamlining. Trim excess spending and run more efficiently.
Same with the IRS. The last thing they need is 87 thousand more auditors. The agency is already such a bloated mess that bleeds so much money. The best thing that could ever be done is privatize it like a commercial business. You’ll get better service without all the overhead.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean my take with vaccines is if you don’t feel safe taking them and give your reasons why in a civil manner, that’s totally understandable. No one should be forced to take them especially depending on your lifestyle with other medications and what have you.

If you go out of your way to preach about not getting one in protest style….. yeah. No.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Generally speaking I do believe there is a difference between people who feel cautious about getting vaccinated because of potential life-threatening side effects vs those who just have tantrums cause they feel like they’re being forced to.