Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
QAnon Shaman only gets 41 months in prison for his involvement with the January 6 insurrection, which people are still claiming was not a riot.

As some others have pointed out, had he been black, he'd be facing life with no parole.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So only three and a half years? That’s about as ridiculous as Cosby being released from jail after only two years.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
What can I say? I'm an eternal optimist.

I'd ask if anyone else can explain what he meant but I doubt anybody else has a clue either.
The best I can gather is that the people in the video are rebelling against covid vaccine and/or mask mandates (judging by the comments). Funny thing is, Trump is probably the Republican most enthusiastic about the vaccine, so Snowth's remark makes little sense. Or maybe he meant something entirely different.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
The best I can gather is that the people in the video are rebelling against covid vaccine and/or mask mandates (judging by the comments). Funny thing is, Trump is probably the Republican most enthusiastic about the vaccine, so Snowth's remark makes little sense. Or maybe he meant something entirely different.
That could be. I thought may be it was the people attacking the police but then I thought President Trump (and Republicans) are generally pro-police. So then I thought maybe it was the police in riot gear shooting tear gas.

If only we had someone on this board that could intelligently explain their actual confusing posts.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I think what he meant was the “Trump mentality” carried over to Australia when to begin with I don’t even know fully what their political views are like (though it looks to me certain areas may be pretty conservative-leaning). I have once had a friend from Australia who I no longer talk to (he just kind of vanished) that was a huge Trump supporter.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
At least we got one name this time. That’s progress.
In the meantime the jury and judge in Kyle Rittenhouse’s trial have their hands tied.
Even before his trial began, Democrats from Biden on down were condemning him as a white suptemacist. (Can someone do the math here? Kyle shot three men, killed two, who were all white. Maybe Kyle didn’t get his hood back from the cleaners).

So if any Republicans are not calling January 6 a riot, Democrats are looking through the same prism, because Portland, Seattle, St. Louis, Minneapolis, and Kenosha didn’t have riots either. Don’t you know a peaceful (or MOSTLY peaceful) protest when you see one?

If Rittenhouse gets acquitted, there’s potential for more riots to come. If that happens, the blame really falls on Prosecutor Binger. With overwhelming video evidence, and even his star witness testifying in Kyle’s favor, he really can’t disprove beyond reasonable doubt Kyle acted in self defense.

But some people don’t want justice, they want mob rule.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Both instances are riots regardless of what the intention behind them of doing so was. They just call them “protests” or “demonstrations” to match their political agendas.

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
As far as the guy on January 6 wearing a Viking hat goes, if you really believe he would’ve gotten life if he was black, you don’t know the first thing about due process.

I’ve been on enough juries to know that’s not how justice works. You can’t look at a defendant and say “Guilty “ or “Innocent “ based on the color of their skin. And you wouldn’t get picked to be on a jury if the court thought you bigotry would influence your judgment.

Just out of curiosity Snowthy. How many juries have you served on? Can you beat four?