Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
My biggest beef when I see posts like
“Republicans are…” Is the lack one any one specific example. One name.
It’s a falllacy to say 75 million Trump supporters ALL think, act, do exactly the same.

That would be like me saying all Southerners are inbred ignorant moonshiners still picking cotton and lynching blacks between Lynyrd Skynrd songs.

That might fit the stereotype some adhere to, but it’s not the truth. Because that would include Snowthy too, and I can’t make a claim like that without a shred of evidence, can I?

Evidence. Not rhetoric, hyperbole, opinions, gut feelings or biases. Evidence.

In the past I’ve criticized democrats, but it’s usually centered around the actions of an individual. Pelosi. AOC, Ilhan Omar, Rashida Talib, Chuck Schumer. The most radical among them. Many democrats are not that extreme, but you never hear about them because only a handful get all the attention.

If I can find fault with Republicans, many of them lack the spine to stand up to radical democrats. This is why Trump rose so high and others like Cruz or Rubio couldn’t.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’m not afraid to criticize either side personally. The both of them just gave very entitled attitudes as a group and have shown their nasty side many times.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Seeing the news today of citizens scrambling to get out of Afghanistan. People literally crawling on planes to get out before the Taliban come. When I was 7 years old in 1975, this was a mirror image of what happened in Saigon.
Just last week Biden promised this would not happen, yet here it is.
Granted, in the past Trump hinted he might have tried something like this. It never happened. But now trying to restore any kind of order is going to be an impossible task. Because while people at the American embassy, they left behind all this gear - tanks, rockets, muntitions,- the Taliban can just come in and take it.

If a bank was evacuated and all cameras and alarms were turned off, the vault was left wide open, and millions were just lying there with nobody to guard it, you don’t think there would be a free for all to grab it?

Again, here’s the difference. If this happened under Trump, whether or not it was a good idea, he’d still face the press.

Biden is not taking any questions.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
As much as some hate Trump, he wasn’t afraid to talk to the media. Day in day out, he didn’t shy away.

For the first month, the media fawned all over him because he wasn’t Trump.

Now he really has to tend to the business of running this country. There are still some members of the press who still ask him the soft questions like “What kind of ice cream did you have today?”
But others hit a little harder, and Biden starts snapping if you dare bring a question up. Especially the mess in Afghanistan. I still can’t follow his logic. If Trump did this last year, you’d never hear the end of it.
But Biden ignores the advice of his own Secretary of Defense. If this was something that would have ruined Trump, what would possess Biden to do the exact same thing?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
As much as some hate Trump, he wasn’t afraid to talk to the media. Day in day out, he didn’t shy away.

For the first month, the media fawned all over him because he wasn’t Trump.

Now he really has to tend to the business of running this country. There are still some members of the press who still ask him the soft questions like “What kind of ice cream did you have today?”
But others hit a little harder, and Biden starts snapping if you dare bring a question up. Especially the mess in Afghanistan. I still can’t follow his logic. If Trump did this last year, you’d never hear the end of it.
But Biden ignores the advice of his own Secretary of Defense. If this was something that would have ruined Trump, what would possess Biden to do the exact same thing?
The thing with the media is they basically love to divide society, and people just fall for it anyway. It’s why I’m done with most American news networks now.

The accuracy. . . .
I’d like this a little more if it felt like it had more depth put into it and wasn’t just made out of pure spite (on the left side).

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The accuracy. . . .
Biden has more than doubled the police budget, how is that going to stop them from "killing minorities"? And as for all the other stuff, Dems only pretend to care about those issues and end up not doing anything about it. Usually their excuse is "the republicans won't let us do it" even when they control the House and Senate.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I found a Democrat I actually agree with. Seth Moulton of Massachusetts came out and said Biden’s withdrawal from Afghanistan is such a botched job, many people will needlessly die.

Jen Psaki trying to run damage control, saying, I’m, Biden is looking into handling this, um, the best he could.

One thing I remember from Speech class many years ago. If you’re a public speaker and you say “Um” a lot, you’re either nervous, or you’re not totally confident in what you’re saying. If she can’t believe what she is saying, how can anyone else believe it?

But not to worry. Biden will be back in Washington in another day or two. Right now he’s holed up in Camp David playing Donkey Kong and eating melted ice cream.