Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
President Biden interview with ABC News on Afghanistan

When George Stephanopoulos asks President Biden about the Afghans falling from the C-17 in mid-air he replies, "That was four, five days ago." This is embarrassing. I pray for the Americans still in Afghanistan that have not made it out yet. Especially when the American embassy says they cannot guarantee safe passage to the Kabul airport. The number 1 duty of any U.S. President is to protect the lives of American citizens. Failure of the worst kind by an American president. President Trump was impeached for way less.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
What a disgusting response. I certainly didn't think Biden (or most politicians tbh) cared about civilian deaths but it's quite a shock he's not even trying to hide his apathy. If Trump had said that, it'd be a trending topic for days and every liberal would never stop bringing up that quote.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
We had troops over there during the Bush years, but he had the benefit of Dick Cheney and Colin Powell’s experience.
If it was up to me, one of the prerequisites for being president or VP would be military experience. George H.W. Bush was the last president who actively served.
Clinton was a draft dodger, and he caught so much crap from Vietnam vets. How can you send young people overseas to fight when you didn’t do that yourself?

if she decides to run in 2024, I’d keep an eye on Tulsi Gabbard. Her boots were on the ground, so that would give her an edge in foreign policy.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The situation in Afghanistan grows more dire.
There are still 15,000 Americans trying to escape, plus thousands more Afghans who aided them over the years.
Biden gave a press conference yesterday, on one hand saying everything is under control (there’s no problems at the border either) and on the other saying he can’t guarantee every American will make it out safely.

If Trump handled things this way, they’d be calling for impeachment so fast your head would spin.
You can say Biden inherited COVID from Trump.
You can say Biden inherited the economy from Trump.
But this crisis is solely on Biden. He had no problem owning it because the media would go easy on him. After all, it’s not Trump.
But the tide is turning. As the country falls to the Taliban things will get more dangerous over there with each passing day.

I’ve been around a long time. The last debacle I saw this bad was 1979 when we had American hostages in Iran.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Hard to imagine this being handled any worse by ANYONE. What an utter disaster. The U.S. reputation took a huge hit with the international community because of this. Not only are we facing a humanitarian disaster in the immediate future but this will have long term ramifications for decades to come.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
First he pulls all the military out before getting civilians out. How is that supposed to work?