Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

Muppet Master

Reaction score
So when every other President has kissed babies, it's been their way showing they care about the American people, especially when it comes to the future of our country, but when Biden kisses a baby, it's just another "Creepy Joe" moment, yeah, okay, whatever. Let's continue to completely ignore Trump saying he'd bang his own daughter if she wasn't his daughter.
"But Trump did it too!" is not an excuse for Biden's creepiness. No one is upset that Biden kissed a baby, people are angry because there are dozens of videos of him acting inappropriately towards children and getting in their personal space. If you want to talk about Trump's creepiness, go ahead, but you only seem to bring it up as a way to downplay Biden's gross actions.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Dude, that's been happening since Trump's final months in Office.
So pretty much since right after the election. When the market realized that President Biden's policies on energy were going to become a reality. Funny how the market reacts to things like that.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
"But Trump did it too!" is not an excuse for Biden's creepiness. No one is upset that Biden kissed a baby, people are angry because there are dozens of videos of him acting inappropriately towards children and getting in their personal space. If you want to talk about Trump's creepiness, go ahead, but you only seem to bring it up as a way to downplay Biden's gross actions.
Agreed, sorry to say Snowth but you just made a fool of yourself with that comment by just playing a whataboutism game, something you see the right often doing.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So yeah. I found this on twitter (no surprise :rolleyes:)

I’ll admit, speaking as someone who transitioned from conservative to independent once, I can see where this post is coming from, because I do see a lot of “independents” just straight out come out as right-leaning, but with that said, I do feel like this meme comes off biasedly liberal-based and just feels like it was made as an excuse to shame all independents just because they don’t match up to their own political views.

Speaking as someone who eventually transitioned from independent to liberal, I’m still a fairly independent liberal at that. Meaning while most of my views are pretty left-leaning, that doesn’t mean I don’t see issues where the right is coming from, regardless if I agree with them or not, and I still have many issues with Democrats/liberals as a group. I choose not to get involved with either parties with how nasty both groups can easily get.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Literally all just because we have a Democratic President now. :rolleyes: Shows how much they actually “cared” about kids in cages.

So spot-on, none of those twitter liberals cared about kids in cages, they latched onto that to make them seem morally superior to Trump fans. Conditions aren't any better under Biden but it won't be until a Republican is in office that liberals start "caring" again. And same goes for trump supporters, they went from "so what that kids are in cages" in 2018 to "biden is putting kids in cages!!" in 2021. Nobody cares about these issues, it's just a political football tossed back and forth.

So yeah. I found this on twitter (no surprise :rolleyes:)

I’ll admit, speaking as someone who transitioned from conservative to independent once, I can see where this post is coming from, because I do see a lot of “independents” just straight out come out as right-leaning, but with that said, I do feel like this meme comes off biasedly liberal-based and just feels like it was made as an excuse to shame all independents just because they don’t match up to their own political views.

Speaking as someone who eventually transitioned from independent to liberal, I’m still a fairly independent liberal at that. Meaning while most of my views are pretty left-leaning, that doesn’t mean I don’t see issues where the right is coming from, regardless if I agree with them or not, and I still have many issues with Democrats/liberals as a group. I choose not to get involved with either parties with how nasty both groups can easily get.
I feel you. At this point, I just consider myself an independent or politically homeless.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Democrat hypocrisy doesn’t happen every day, but when it does it sticks out like a sore thumb.
Recently Obama had a 60th birthday bash at Martha’s Vineyard. A thousand people attended. Indoors. Unmasked. Fine.
If Trump did this, there would be 24 hour news cycles of How dare he! Orange Man Bad! What an outrage having people in close proximity unmasked while there’s a pandemic going on. Millions more will die!

Same thing last year when restaurants in California were shut down. That didn’t stop Gavin Newsom and 40 guests from dining indoors unmasked.

Hair salons can’t open. Not a problem for Nancy Pelosi or Lori Lightfoot.
One of the reasons some people don’t follow guidelines for masks or vaccines, because the people that set the guidelines, and expect everyone to adhere to them, don’t abide by them themselves.
Do as I say, not as I do.
Well, if you can’t do, you’re gonna have a hard time getting on board with you.

Coming up soon, there’s an annual biker rally in Sturgis, South Dakota. Tens of thousands of biker dudes. If officials try to shut it down, just remind them of Obama’s birthday party.