Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There’s just one glitch in getting Trump impeached. The motion also needs to be passed by the Senate, which does not reconvene until January 19. Then Trump would be subject to a trial, and all that would take more than 24 hours.
It’s like a football game, trying to run four downs for a touchdown with one second on the clock.

MWoO

Reaction score
The selective outrage from people on the left is something to behold.
Everyone agrees what happened last week was appalling. People on both sides agree, there’s no denying that.
But while riots were going on during the summer, even in his own state, Governor Cuomo shrugged it off. “Since when are protests supposed to be peaceful?” If a few people get shot, hey. Them’s the breaks.
When DC was being vandalized, Nancy Pelosi chimed in, “People do what people do”.

Don Lemon and other CNN anchors were shocked a cop was shot last week. Was that cop a racist? If so,six months ago they’d be nodding in approval it served him right.
I agree that the selective outrage is a problem. However, just as I was outraged at what occurred this summer, I am outraged at what occurred on the 6th.

Do I think Trump intended to actually over throw the government? No. There is no way that group of people was going to actually over throw the government. Do I think he intended to use his mod to intimidate congress and keep them from certifying the vote? Yes. Do I think his words are what incited the mob to violence? Yes, even if he did not actually say to go use violence.

Why did it come to this? Well, to quote democrats from the summer, it's the voice of the unheard. Simply doing an audit in the states Trump contested would have shut him down. Instead, people were shutdown and silenced. You couldn't even debate the issue on social media. Legitimate concern should have been raised when in Detroit they blocked windows. Legitimate concerns should have been raised in PA when they told everyone there would be no more counting, only to have counting continue without supervision. These are real issues that should have been investigated. Even if there was zero change in the count, I think we would all be better off by them doing an audit. I think the problem is the democrats fear doing an audit might have rejected enough votes to let Trump win. So even if there wasn't a plan to defraud the country, the democrats weren't going to upset the apple cart once the results were in their favor.

Trump's ranting and tough talk was all fine and dandy, but once his talk lead others to act it stopped being entertaining.

MWoO

Reaction score
Oh, and even if the trial happens after Biden is sworn in, the impeachment still sticks. Trump would lose all the benefits of his post presidential life. Plus, it sets the precedent for future presidents. Yes, it would be highly unorthodox, but there is reason to do it.

Of course my opinion is based on what I have heard of his speech in the media. I have yet to watch his entire 2 hour rally and reserve the right to change my opinion after doing so. Just haven't had time yet, TBH.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly the fact that they took selfies with the rioters in the capital says enough.

MWoO

Reaction score
So the police are more likely to use force against protestors that call them racists, say the only good cop is a dead cop, and chant ACAB? You mean they don't tend to use force against protestors that are largely in support of them? The heck you say!

Obviously the police should use force based on the physical threat, not the message, but human nature says anti-cop protests are going to be met with harsher response.

MWoO

Reaction score
Honestly the fact that they took selfies with the rioters in the capital says enough.
That's a whole different issue. That wasn't a protest, that was a riot.

Edit: Those cops should be terminated if they took selfies during the riot in the capital.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I totally agree. Again, over the past year, here’s where lines get blurry.
Peaceful protest, whatever the cause, I’m in.
But all it takes is one agitator, one rock thrown at the cops, one window smashed, and you can kiss your peaceful protest goodbye.