Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Thing of it is, there's been plenty of protests that have started out peacefully, and even remained peacefully, but protesters were detained and arrested anyway. Again, one member of this very forum who's wheelchair-bound has been arrested multiple times, as have other disabled Americans like him, all for peacefully protesting the current "Administration" trying to strip them of their rights. I mean, do you realize how sad (not boo-hoo sad, more like pathetic sad) it is to see a bunch of people in wheelchairs being handcuffed, and wheeled into police buses? And all for trying to fight for their rights? Some of these cops don't even know how to handle people in wheelchairs, so there's also a lot of personal property damage going on with some of these wheelchairs and such.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, so honest question here: since gas prices have already jumped as high as 60 cents a gallon just in the last month or so, and Republicans said that was one of the first things Biden was going to do once he got into Office, are we supposed to go ahead and start blaming Biden for this, even though he's not in Office yet?

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Okay, so honest question here: since gas prices have already jumped as high as 60 cents a gallon just in the last month or so, and Republicans said that was one of the first things Biden was going to do once he got into Office, are we supposed to go ahead and start blaming Biden for this, even though he's not in Office yet?
Well, 2 years into office when the economy was doing great under President Trump you were still giving the credit to President Obama. So I suppose one should be consistent.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Thing of it is, there's been plenty of protests that have started out peacefully, and even remained peacefully, but protesters were detained and arrested anyway. Again, one member of this very forum who's wheelchair-bound has been arrested multiple times, as have other disabled Americans like him, all for peacefully protesting the current "Administration" trying to strip them of their rights. I mean, do you realize how sad (not boo-hoo sad, more like pathetic sad) it is to see a bunch of people in wheelchairs being handcuffed, and wheeled into police buses? And all for trying to fight for their rights? Some of these cops don't even know how to handle people in wheelchairs, so there's also a lot of personal property damage going on with some of these wheelchairs and such.
I've always been taught that there are three sides to a story. The side of person A. The side of person B. And then somewhere in the middle is the truth. Our job is to figure out which side the truth lies closer to.

Given your interpretation of some news sotries that you have posted in the past. And given your interpretation of some of my posts in the past. I'd like to see more details of this story of this forum member that was arrested in order to determine where the truth lies.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Woah. John Sullivan has been arrested in the Capitol riot. He was also at the Seattle BLM riots. He is a left-wing known instigator. Get this though. He was along side CNN reporter Jade Saker filming. She asked him if he was filimng and he said Yeah, but I'll delete it. He didn't. She can be heard saying "I'll give you your hug now. We did it." She's outright giddy.

CNN has some explaining to do if true.

John Sullivan and CNN

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean, that’s CNN for ya. They do very suspicious things if it means they’ll acknowledge their political agenda in their news stories. Let’s not forget they once flat out edited a black guy talking about how he was planning on voting for Trump back in 2019.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The more I find out about Tulsi Gabbard, the more I wish she became the Democrat nominee.
Served in the military for 16 years, deployed to Iraq twice, served seven years in Congress, and unapologetically patriotic. She’s been over there defending the freedoms so many take for granted. I feel anybody who has actually served in combat has an edge over everybody else.

How is Biden going to fix the problems in DC when he’s been mired in it for five decades?
And I’m still a little muddled at Kamala Harris.
During her own presidential bid, she called Joe racist/sexist/homophobic,the whole nine. Now he wants her as his running mate, hey, all that is in the past. Let bygones be bygones. Shut up and unify.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
So now Cuomo is coming out and saying New York can't stay closed. Chicago mayor is saying bars and restaurants need to open up now. Hmmm, two democratic mayors less than a week before inauguration day saying stop the lockdowns. Timing a little suspect?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean NY has always been a disaster when it comes to handling this virus. I’m not even surprised with Chicago either.