Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Obama was President when I reached an age where I had to start doing my own taxes. Usually, when he was in Office, I got a little over $200 back. This year, under Trump, however, I have to pay $1,800!! I don't have that kind of money!

Thanks again, Trump, for screwing over us working class schmoes, and making sure you bleed us dry and keep up poor to ensure you and your fellow wealthy Americans get richer and richer.

EDIT: Accountant called back with a more accurate figure: $1,929!!
Did you actually ask your accountant why you owe so much? Cause I would think if your taxes went up that much that would be the first question you'd ask. My guess is you either don't fully understand taxes or you are being intentionally obtuse.

MWoO

Reaction score
What I surmise is that it has something to do with certain deductions not being applied or no longer being able to be applied. It may also be an issue with the with holding tax not being correct from your employer. At my job they messed up the state with holding tax of several people so they were not paying state tax all year and then got hit with owing taxes. They didn't notice all year that they weren't paying and never caught it. Luckily i was not one of those people even though I was hired around the same time. I got in JUST before the HR manager who messed everyone up came back from leave.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
How is it a working class Schmoe like you had to pay so much whereas a working stiff like my wife and myself barely broke even? Do two stiffs beat a scmoe with Aces wild? We’ve been using H&R Block for as long as we’ve been married, and 2000, the year we got married, was the only time we ever owed, because of changing status from single to married.
Before you pay your accountant his fee, I’d sit down with him and find out line by line why you owe so much.

If your status did change, if you’re legally caring for both your parents, if you can claim them as dependents, you’d be entitled to a number of exemptions and deductions. If he is not disclosing this to you, he’s doing you a disservice.

And you can always file taxes with somebody else. Because of the virus every state has been given an extension until July 15.

Just like going to a doctor. If you’re not satisfied with his diagnosis, you have every right to get a second opinion.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Breaking News for everyone in New York
Omg bruh y u gotta link fox news dont u know theyre b u l l s h i t omg i bet ur wrong n the primary is actually taking place stop linkin FAKE NEWS

Buff Beaker

Reaction score

fuzzygobo

Reaction score

This beyond disgusting and evil. ANTIFA is a problem in our country. It's beyond reprehensible how they targeted children. These guys need to go to Prison for life.
Even before the virus, these ANTIFA people were so brave out there with their masks on. At various rallies where they spewed a lot of hateful rhetoric, I would’ve loved to catch them on camera and pull their mask off. They’d freak out like hitting Superman with Kryptonite.