Remember this commerical?

That Announcer

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Aah, remember the McCain fries commercials that were made in like the 70's with the boy with thick red glasses and a shirt like Ernie's, eating fries, and they've played them for years and years? Those are so annoying. They showed those again a few years ago. Then they made NEW ones and it's the same guy all grown up saying, "I sure did love my fries" or something really dumb like that.
Pretty well ALL Canadian commercials (especially the McCain ones) are highly annoying. I have the worst commercials of all time on the radio down my way: whiny kids talking to their "grampies" (grrr, I never use that) about pets for a local pet shop. Every time they come on, I want to kill my radio.

How about this one:

"Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!"

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Wendy's-"Where's the beef!"

Ice cold milk & an Oreo cookie,made forever together in a classic combination..

Two scoops of raisins,in every Kellog's Raisin Bran..

You sunk my Battleship!

Skipit!

We need more Calgon! Ancient Chinese secret,huh?

Ziffel

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
We need more Calgon! Ancient Chinese secret,huh?
"How do you get shirts so clean, Mr. (Lee?)" "Shhh. Ancient Chinese secret." "My husband, some hotshot. Here's his ancient Chinese secret- Calgon!" I had thought of that one a few days ago but didn't think anyone would have seen or recalled it. :smile:

And who could forget this one (if they've seen it before, of course. :stick_out_tongue: ) :

If you want to win the game you gotta think of the name, and get the most marbles with your hippos. Playin' HUNGRY HUNGRY HIPPOS!

Edit: Oh and two more classics!:

"It's not nice to fool Mother Nature!" (that was the commercial's highlight, but after the thunder and lightning came the line, "If you think it's butter, but it's not, it's Chifon."

And:

"You're right it IS butter." "Parkay!"

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Hershey's is the great American chocolate bar.

Honey Combs big,yeah yeah yeah,it's not small,no no no.Honey Combs got a big big bite,big big taste,with a big big bite.

Weebles wobble but they don't fall down.(how about that one Ziffel?)

Two all-beef patties,special sauce,lettuce,pickle,cheese,onion on a sesame seed bun.-Big Mac(McD's)

I like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony.I'd like to buy the world a Coke,and keep it company.That's the song I sing..

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?The world may never know.

Transformers,more than meets the eye.Autobots fight the evil forces of the Deceptacons.Transformers,robots in disguise.

That Announcer

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
I like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony.I'd like to buy the world a Coke,and keep it company.That's the song I sing..
One of my personal least favorite commercials. Since when does teaching the world to sing have anything to do with buying the world a Coke? Dave Barry did a hilarious commentary on that in his "Dave Barry Turns 50" book, and he says that the aforementioned commercial led to a bunch of idiotic 'socially relevant' commercials. Personally, I tend to agree with him.

Ziffel

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
Honey Combs big,yeah yeah yeah,it's not small,no no no.Honey Combs got a big big bite,big big taste,with a big big bite.

Two all-beef patties,special sauce,lettuce,pickle,cheese,onion on a sesame seed bun.-Big Mac(McD's)

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?The world may never know.
I also mentioned these great classics in previous posts. As they say, great minds think alike. :big_grin:

JaniceFerSure said:
Weebles wobble but they don't fall down.(how about that one Ziffel?)
Oh sure! Whatya do with a weeble, the weebles wobble but they don't fall down. And how about, "What's your dog's name? Digger! Digger the dog , there he goes with you when you explore. Just put on a leash, go for a walk, he's your dog, for sure." And:
LEGGO MY EGO!

Andddd:

TASTES GREAT! LESS FILLING! TASTES GREAT! LESS FIILLING!

Ziffel

Reaction score
Correct again FISH'N'WOLFE. A lot of those Miller Lite commercials were pretty funny, like John Madden breaking through the screen and Billy Martin and George Steinbrenner arguing about tastes great vs. less filling (George says, "Billy, you're hired." Billy says, "Oh not again!")

A couple of other goofy commercials from the 70's involving goofy games were Nutsy Tennis and Gnip Gnop ("The problem is while you're busy gnipping your opponent is gnopping!"). Gnip Gnop is ping pong spelled backwards. Another 70's game they probably made a fortune on because all it was was a plastic case with 2 sets of 3 ping pong like balls and 3 push button "paddles" on each side. Typical cheap to make game but catchy title and commercial (like Hungry Hungry Hippos!).

muppetsforever

Reaction score
remember this one....

meow meow meow meow

meow meow meow meow

meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow

:big_grin: