Remember this commerical?

Ziffel

Reaction score
Just like cereal commercials and board game commercials, a lot of candy bar commercials were pretty catchy. Let's see, Almond Joy and Mounds ("Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't") and Reese'e Peanut Butter Cups have been mentioned. Here's some others:

The 80's had a Kit Kat commercial "Give me a break , give me a break, break me off a piece of that Kit Kat bar." In the 70's, it was a husband coming home with two Kit Kats for his wife (but behind him were two lions!).
There was the one in the 70's for the $100,000 bar: "Da da. Da da da da da da. This is your caramel bar. Ahhhhh! Nestle's $100,000 bar."
Milky Way, Mr. Goodbar, and Three Musketeers all had musical ones but none really stood out too much to me.
In the 80's Snickers had the familiar, "It's so satisfying." I think in the 70's the commercials were mainly the non-musical, "No matter how you slice it, (then the bar was sliced in many slices) it comes up peanuts."
Around the 80's I think was when Nestle Crunch had the song, "Chocolate is scrumptious. When it crunches. That's why I love Nestle Crunch."
Hershey was already mentioned, "Hershey is real milk chocolate I love that Hershey bar.... cause Hershey is the great American great American chocolate bar." (Anyone ever been to Hershey Park in Hershey, Pennsylvania? They got a cool Hershey chocolate ride there. First time I went there was way back around '73 or '74).
In the 70's there was O Henry that showed Hank Aaron hitting homeruns.
There was also a Reggie bar in the late 70's/early 80's that simply had Reggie Jackson eating his bar and saying, "Mmmm. You're pretty good, Reggie." Actually, it was indeed real good! It's too bad they ceased making them.
Can't think of how commercials went for Zagnut, Butterfinger, or Baby Ruth, but those are all delicious too.
I think it's time to go get a snack!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I remember the 100,0000 bar commericals though never had them, don't think they exist these days. and don't ask me why but I found those commerical to be wierd for some reason. a person is walking down the street and takes a bite of it, he or she freezes and ends up on the package. also how about those memorex commercial. and oprea singer sings and the glass cup brakes.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yes you got the $100,000 bar commercials exactly. :smile: Yes, it was pretty weird how the candy was narrowly streched so long from the person's mouth and then frozen on the package. The candy bar tastes pretty good, but I didn't like it as much as some of the others. I'm not sure either if it's still made. Haven't come across one for a long time.
The Memorex one I've probably seen but for the moment it escapes me.

How about the Krazy straw? These were early 70's but I think they continued to show the same commercial into at least the mid 80's. I liked the sound effects every time they said, "Krazy straw!" We used to have some when I was a kid and I got a kick out of seeing the liquid travel from the glass through all the loops of that straw.

And also, how about the Harlem Globetrotter commercials? Fun to see highlights of their incredible plays and shots while listening to that catchy hum and whistling theme music. I saw them perform live one time around 1984. Pretty impressive (and comical) show they do.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Yes you got the $100,000 bar commercials exactly. :smile: Yes, it was pretty weird how the candy was narrowly streched so long from the person's mouth and then frozen on the package. The candy bar tastes pretty good, but I didn't like it as much as some of the others. I'm not sure either if it's still made. Haven't come across one for a long time.
The Memorex one I've probably seen but for the moment it escapes me.
All I know is the slogan, "Is it live, or is it Memorex?" (This would come to haunt Milli Vanilli later on. :smile: )

Ziffel said:
How about the Krazy straw? These were early 70's but I think they continued to show the same commercial into at least the mid 80's. I liked the sound effects every time they said, "Krazy straw!" We used to have some when I was a kid and I got a kick out of seeing the liquid travel from the glass through all the loops of that straw.
I've got about five of those things and still use them regularly. My personal favorite is a Scooby-Doo one in which... I'll just take a picture later on so you can see it for yourself.

Ziffel

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
I've got about five of those things and still use them regularly. My personal favorite is a Scooby-Doo one in which... I'll just take a picture later on so you can see it for yourself.
That'll be neat to see. The ones when I was a kid weren't special ones like Scooby Doo or anything but simply straws with several twists and loops.

And I've gotta go to bed soon, so if you put your newest weekly survey up tonight I'll take it sometime over the weekend. :smile:

That Announcer

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
That'll be neat to see. The ones when I was a kid weren't special ones like Scooby Doo or anything but simply straws with several twists and loops.

And I've gotta go to bed soon, so if you put your newest weekly survey up tonight I'll take it sometime over the weekend. :smile:
God, the WS, I forgot all about it! :embarrassed:

Thanks for reminding me, pal. I'll go get to that.

Ziffel

Reaction score
A few more:

Catchy deep voice song from the 80's: "Oily icky stains well well well. Momma lifts it up with A L L "

70's and/or 80's:
"You're the cream of the crop. Frosting with butter. A you sweet talker - BETTY CROCKER."

From the 70's: The Norelco electric razor that starts out with four men on each corner of the screen shaving the old fashioned way and then they all jab themselves and a voice says, "GOTCHA!"

Then from about the late 70's there was one where people would say, "I like hotdogs" and other foods and then they'd hold their stomach in pain and say, "But they don't like me." I forgot which upset stomach medicine that was, though. It wasn't pepto bismol, tums, or rolaids. Something like digell is coming to mind. Maybe they don't even manufacture it anymore.
By the way, Tums (Tum tum tum tum TUMMMMS) and Pepto Bismol ("Indigestion!"[people's stomach enlarged about threefold] ) were fairly amusing ones too.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Wigley Spierment gum.

probably from 1980 or 81, this guy flies off a mountain top in 1 of those flying things you lay on after eating a stick of gum. then you hear a chorus singing wigley Spierment Gummmmmmmmm!