Questions about anything

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Has something happened with the actor who plays Pop on The Goldbergs? Seems like he’s hardly on the show anymore (I won’t be surprised if TV Tropes soon lists him as “demoted to extra”).

in the season premier, he only had one brief scene. Then he was in a bit of the next two episodes (I actually can’t remember how big his role was in those, I should rewatch them), then he was absent from the fourth episode of the season. I didn’t catch the last episode so I have no idea if he was in that or how much.

I looked at the actors Wikipedia page and asked Google, and got no results (so I guess I won’t get an answer here yet?). I wonder if it’s Covid concerns (his one scene in the season premier had him by himself) or if he’s wanting to retire/reduce his acting time or if he’s been working in something else or what.

it’s also interesting, this season he has gotten a mustache, and it’s never brought up. Normally if somebody on television grows facial hair or gets really long hair or gets a significant hair cut or dye job they take some time out to acknowledge it the first time they’re shown that way, but here there’s no on-screen acknowledgment. I applaud them a little for just treating him as if nothing new happened, in real life people do comment on such things but it’s also just as common for these things to seem ignored.
Are you talking about Judd Hirsch?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yeah, I forgot Judd Hirsch played Adam’s other grandfather (who is called Pop Pop). He appeared so infrequently that his absence from the lack of him in the first few episodes of the season is not something I’d be curious about.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So..... do we know if this song ever actually aired on the show? Cause going by the guides and the fact that we’re almost done with 17/18, it doesn’t appear to be the case:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So..... do we know if this song ever actually aired on the show? Cause going by the guides and the fact that we’re almost done with 17/18, it doesn’t appear to be the case:

There’s a few cases where I was worried it’d turn out they didn’t actually air on the show, or I’d think it was only in one episode, only to find more guides with them. Some examples include Bert and Ernie: Banana in Ear part 3 (now I know it’s in at least two episodes) and Seven Monsters. So we’ll see.

of course, for years the Teeny Little Super Guy page said there were 13 segments, when the wiki only had eight listed. I kept thinking, as more ‘80s and ‘90s guides came out, that the others Must have been dropped after an appearance or two. In the last year a citation needed tag was placed there, I could have sworn the info was in one of the links already sourced, but as I look, I don’t see it confirmed (I thought it was in that forum discussion about the creator of the segments teaching an animation class, and thought he himself said it in a post). Of course somebody there does say that they screened some unaired segments, which I’m guessing was confirmed by the creator, but no word on the number.

Though I also wonder if the 13 number was an estimate of how many there were (maybe he thought 13 was a better number than of there were actually 11 segments), if there was a forgotten source.

Last edited:

TimzUneeverse

Reaction score
Can any episodes of the show I'm working on, Lockhart's Mindscape, which I want to air on NBC, have any references to the Muppets? I really want to incorporate references to Oscar the Grouch in it.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Your show can have references to anything you want. But if you want to pitch it to NBC,

1) You’ll need some kind of agent to represent you. Unlike the Muppet Movie, you don’t just walk into the big boss’s office and expect the Rich and Famous Contract.

2)Networks get thousands of proposals for pilots. You might submit something and it might end up on a pile and never get looked at.

3) NBC being based in New York and LA, you might have some long-distance correspondence to deal with.

4) You might not hear from anyone for a while. But don’t give up.

5) NBC passed on The Muppet Show. Jim eventually got it on the air, but he had to go to England to do it.

I’m not trying to dash your dreams, but inject a dose of reality into the equation.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
On a similar note while we're on the topic of making shows, I'm not planning on ever having anything I make go on a real TV channel but I am actually working on a web series for YouTube right now. It's going to be about a cute little rabbit puppet character named Sarah Hopper reviewing various Muppet-related things in a humorous way. I've even already contacted a voice actress for her who would be willing to be involved with the project and everything! Keep in mind that I refuse to share her real name for safety reasons so I'm just going to call her Anonymous (or just Anon for short) whenever she comes up.

Here's where things start to get a bit tricky though: All of those custom puppet builder websites where they design professional puppets for you are ridiculously expensive and because I have some serious motor skill issues, I couldn't build my own puppet from scratch. Are there any puppets I can buy online that look somewhat like the below picture? Now obviously it doesn't have to be dead on, I'd be absolutely shocked if anything TOO eerily similar is out there but if someone can at least direct me to a puppet available for purchase that bares at least a passing resemblance to the character pictured below, many thanks would be appreciated! :smile:.