Questions about anything

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
How in the world is everyone but me able to edit on the new version of Muppet Wiki? With the changes that they made today, whenever I try to publish an edit, it says "This wiki is in read-only mode". Is there any way to fix that?
EDIT: Never mind, it's working now.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I was wondering why the page layout looked so different when I went on my Mac..... :search:

Already though I dislike how the “what links here” section looks when clicking on an image.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Recently I watched Harry and the Hendersons for the first time in years (I don’t think it was ever something I watched frequently).

So early on, we see that Jacques LeFlure and the guy from the museum know each other from having pursued a Sasquatch all their lives, but the museum guy determined there is no such thing while LeFlure continues his pursuit. But in that scene, LeFlure shows Harry’s hairs and says “looks like you gave up too soon”, I thought the scene established that the two used to hunt Sasquatch together but is this the case or were they rivals, with his line being more to gloat about how findings?

When the guy from the museum comes over, were the Henderson’s planning to show him Harry, or were they planning on keeping it a secret from him? They hide all the damage Harry had caused, but then when he shows up behind him, while talking about how the creature does Not exist, they don’t seem worried about whether he’ll turn around and see Harry.

When they’re on the highway, and Harry manages to imitate the police siren so cars will pull away, the museum guy says that “this is what he’s good at”. Was he referring to Harry, or was he referring to LeFlure (being able to still track them down)?

this might go more for the “what’s the deal with...?” Thread, but when Jacques LeFlure shows up at the sporting goods store, George’s father recognizes him and tells George who he is, saying that he’s always the first to show when crazy sightings happen. With this reputation, shouldn’t George have already been aware of him? Of course his father would know who he is because he sold a trophy to the store.

I also wonder if LeFlure and the man from the Bigfoot museum had seen Harry (or a Sasquatch) in the past and that’s why they were hunting (and then the other guy convinced himself they were crazy), or if they’d found evidence (maybe after hearing about other sightings) and dedicated their lives to finding him.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Has this ever happened to you? You bump into someone you haven’t seen in a long time. They come up “Hey! How you doing!”

And you draw a total blank who it is. They remember your name, but you have no idea who this person is.

It’s embarrassing, they greet you like a long lost brother, and you can’t remember their name if your life depended on it.

It’s bad enough when you’re my age, but this happened to me in college too.

Just as awkward, a few times in college I run into someone who looks like a good friend, but it’s not them.
D’oh!!!!!!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Been there before. It is awkward, I agree, but I just try to roll with it as much as possible.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Somebody once did a short film about this, and actually used John R. Dilworth the creator of COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG in it.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Has something happened with the actor who plays Pop on The Goldbergs? Seems like he’s hardly on the show anymore (I won’t be surprised if TV Tropes soon lists him as “demoted to extra”).

in the season premier, he only had one brief scene. Then he was in a bit of the next two episodes (I actually can’t remember how big his role was in those, I should rewatch them), then he was absent from the fourth episode of the season. I didn’t catch the last episode so I have no idea if he was in that or how much.

I looked at the actors Wikipedia page and asked Google, and got no results (so I guess I won’t get an answer here yet?). I wonder if it’s Covid concerns (his one scene in the season premier had him by himself) or if he’s wanting to retire/reduce his acting time or if he’s been working in something else or what.

it’s also interesting, this season he has gotten a mustache, and it’s never brought up. Normally if somebody on television grows facial hair or gets really long hair or gets a significant hair cut or dye job they take some time out to acknowledge it the first time they’re shown that way, but here there’s no on-screen acknowledgment. I applaud them a little for just treating him as if nothing new happened, in real life people do comment on such things but it’s also just as common for these things to seem ignored.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Has something happened with the actor who plays Pop on The Goldbergs? Seems like he’s hardly on the show anymore (I won’t be surprised if TV Tropes soon lists him as “demoted to extra”).

in the season premier, he only had one brief scene. Then he was in a bit of the next two episodes (I actually can’t remember how big his role was in those, I should rewatch them), then he was absent from the fourth episode of the season. I didn’t catch the last episode so I have no idea if he was in that or how much.

I looked at the actors Wikipedia page and asked Google, and got no results (so I guess I won’t get an answer here yet?). I wonder if it’s Covid concerns (his one scene in the season premier had him by himself) or if he’s wanting to retire/reduce his acting time or if he’s been working in something else or what.

it’s also interesting, this season he has gotten a mustache, and it’s never brought up. Normally if somebody on television grows facial hair or gets really long hair or gets a significant hair cut or dye job they take some time out to acknowledge it the first time they’re shown that way, but here there’s no on-screen acknowledgment. I applaud them a little for just treating him as if nothing new happened, in real life people do comment on such things but it’s also just as common for these things to seem ignored.
Yeah. I noticed that too. Probably Covid.