President Obama!

Telly

Reaction score
Watching his victory gave me goosebumps. I'm not talkin about the books neither!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You know? I think that senator/president elect Barack Obama simply just ran a better managed campaign then Hilary Clinton's. I mean hers honestly wan not very well managed from and had problem from the start. I really think that her stubborn pride got the best of her. I mean his people really had their stuff together and were a well oiled machine. I mean she did the typical stuff and didn't see this guy coming... He is a really good motivator and, organizer as was seen with record breaking donations that were made. I also think that John McCain also ran a better managed campaign minus the smear tactics and alienating his core base and trying to play the middle man. To me it doesn't matter how popular you are or how well you are liked or what you're political preferences is, or what you believe/stand for. Because At the and of the day, if you have and are ruining a well oiled machine, you can be successful at pretty much anything.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Gave you the goosebumps? Well, what are the geese going to do without their bumps?

I tell ya, whoever the advertising people were behind Obama would help any company in the world with proper advertising. He had a fantastic team behind him!

Teheheman

Reaction score
Although getting over $150 million in one month and spending that on flooding the airwaves didn't hurt Obama either lol. Yes, I know that we'll have to wait til Jan. 20th to find out if this is a change for good, but everybody's been saying that he's gonna wave his hand and all our problems go away if we elect him and yeah, he's not the president yet, but I doubt that everything will be better off the day after he takes the oath of office. As for what I'm doing to get a better job, I'm looking, I have my resume out there, I'm not gonna go to places and hand them my resume and have them take a look at me. They take one look at me, even if I get all cleaned up and shaved and all that and think that they'd probably hire somebody else. That and people only want people with experience. Once a job I like opens up, I'll try to get it ok?

Daniel

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Although getting over $150 million in one month and spending that on flooding the airwaves didn't hurt Obama either lol. Yes, I know that we'll have to wait til Jan. 20th to find out if this is a change for good, but everybody's been saying that he's gonna wave his hand and all our problems go away if we elect him and yeah, he's not the president yet, but I doubt that everything will be better off the day after he takes the oath of office. As for what I'm doing to get a better job, I'm looking, I have my resume out there, I'm not gonna go to places and hand them my resume and have them take a look at me. They take one look at me, even if I get all cleaned up and shaved and all that and think that they'd probably hire somebody else. That and people only want people with experience. Once a job I like opens up, I'll try to get it ok?

Daniel
I have found that confidence, eye contact and a good general sense of humor always helps on interviews. Experience is built job-by-job but it does take getting a foot in the door. That can be tough especially now. Good luck. I'm still looking for something with more hours and consistency.

As for Obama, there's so much out there about how much he spent and it is true, but he raised it from individuals. His has to be one of the most successful grass-roots campaigns in history. Supportive citizens were practically throwing money at him instead of the usual rubber chicken dinner crowd of the well-to-do. I have always found Howard Dean to be a problematic figure, but he did set a new method for campaign funding that Obama perfected. I suppose that's why he is thought of as the people's candidate. We'll see. There's no way he can please everybody. It will be interesting to see what balance he strikes. :confused:

Teheheman

Reaction score
Riiiiiiiiiiiight, personally, I think that Hillary didn't back out gracefully, she waited til every dang state was done before she backed out. She should have KNOWN she wasn't gonna win, but still, she went and campaigned. Oh well, there's always 2016.

Daniel

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
As for Obama, there's so much out there about how much he spent and it is true, but he raised it from individuals. His has to be one of the most successful grass-roots campaigns in history. Supportive citizens were practically throwing money at him instead of the usual rubber chicken dinner crowd of the well-to-do.
I think you went and hit the nail on the head, Frogboy. That's how I felt about this overall. I was wanting to contribute to the Obama campaign financially and I would have if I didn't live abroad and have them thinking I was some 'foreign' contributer or some such thing. But, that was how motivational Barack Obama was throughout the campaign and he motivated me to get involved in the politics of my nation of birth from the very start. He got me to register to vote and I did.

I sincerely loved the fact that he did not have to resort to personal jibes or insults to make his points known. That shows a strength of character that sets him apart from other 'generic politicians' and it is also an example that I would like to follow. :big_grin: