President Obama!

Telly

Reaction score
(Just to make sure you know that I'm not upset with you at all.)

My posts have not been about proving that the gay way of life is right or wrong and that whole can of worms.

[/COLOR]QUOTE]

VERY well said, Jamie! I was going to say more, but I just want to leave it at what Jamie said and not have drama!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
but I do think that sometimes people that put the welfare of animals ahead of the welfare of children simply makes me shake my head. I heard somewhere that a man who abuses a dog gets more jail time than his counterpart who abuses his child.

That just makes me shake my head in exasperation.
I definitely agree with you, it's so frustrating. Though I'm not too surprised. Throughout history, children have been treated badly and ignored by society.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I definitely agree with you, it's so frustrating. Though I'm not too surprised. Throughout history, children have been treated badly and ignored by society.
Ya know what also bugs me about that is that people will send money to kids who are bad off in other countrys but there are kids here in America that should be getting help first. Not that kids in other countrys should not get help, I just think kids over here should get help first.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ya know what also bugs me about that is that people will send money to kids who are bad off in other countrys but there are kids here in America that should be getting help first. Not that kids in other countrys should not get help, I just think kids over here should get help first.
We are becoming a more globally conscious nation. I think that's a good thing. It is my view that such charitable contributions come back to help America in other ways. It has been said that Obama's Presidency will both focus globally on people while helping our country's economy here at home. I don't know how this would be possible but I'd like to see somebody - anybody - figure it out. I guess it's his turn. We'll see. For now it is reported that other most other nations are very pleased with this change in power. There is so much to live up to. :embarrassed:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think we should help the rest of the world. But there are people who concentrate solely on that and forget that we forgotten children right here in our own country who are not being cared for at all. There needs to be a balance.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I agree that our own should get dibs, but there is an obvious strategy that is behind all the "let's help one another" idealistic silliness politicians give us: the impoverished listen to terrorists/dictators more. People join into violent groups when they don't have anything to lose. As mad as some groups are about the state of this nation, we are too plump and too lazy to start another Civil War over it. So, while it seems like we're wasting billions on poor foreign people, the money we save by not having to bomb their cities every week or so far outweighs the current costs I bet.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
When families who need health care without charge actually get it, I'll be impressed. But I won't hold my breath with Obama until I see it. Candidates make a lot of promises...

Teheheman

Reaction score
Hmmmmmmm, do you think that Obama would've gotten the same response that he's gotten if he was white? Just a question, I mean, he IS half-white, I just had to ask because I really never thought that race was an issue. Just cause Obama's black, doesn't mean that he'll do the best job. The sad part was that he got elected, and everything was EXACTLY the same as it was the day before. Nothing changed. I thought that's what he was gonna do. I thought electing this guy would change our lives for the better, like as soon as he got elected, everybody would have a new car and a better home with a hot wife, husband, or whatever. I still have a sucky job, I still don't make enough money, I'm still single, Everything's EXACTLY the same. Change my big fat backside.

Daniel

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't think it was about race, just that he was fresh and new. That's always an attraction.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, in fairness to Obama, he probably never imagined having to deal with a financial crisis so soon after election! Wonder if he's thinking, "What have I done? !" Hehe (Would be perfectly normal. :wink:)